Last Updated on 2022-11-27 , 8:56 am
Mercury may no longer be in retrograde, but that doesn’t mean life gets that much easier and smoother sailing.
The same can be said for the Malaysian singer Gary Chaw and his Taiwanese wife Wu Shu-ling.
A Public Display, But Not of Affection
The pair have been married since 2008 and currently have two kids. Specifically, a 14-year-old son and a 12-year-old daughter.
The singer, based in Taiwan, disclosed to the Malaysian media in mid-October that the couple is in a cold war.
Chaw also mentioned his uncertainty with regard to spending the rest of his life with Wu.
This really is unfolding very publicly.
But that isn’t the end of it.
“I am in Taipei. What about her?”
Cao Ge, the name Chaw is commonly known by in the Mandopop world, began posting without context on social media in recent weeks.
This took many netizens by surprise and soon became the new talk of the town on social media.
On Facebook on 26 Oct, Chaw wrote in Chinese, “I am in Taipei. What about her?”
Sounds like things aren’t going great already.
On 27 Oct, Chaw wrote in English: “If I break down. Please forgive me. I can’t help myself. And nobody is willing to help… Just me, myself and I. Obviously no love.”
“Can one choose to let go in a relationship?”
Wu responded on her Instagram on 29 Oct, posting a photo of what is apparently her silhouette.
Along with the post was a long caption written in Chinese by the fashion blogger.
View this post on Instagram
Amongst other things, Wu wrote, “Just because I do not say anything does not mean I agree to this quietly.”
The 43-year-old also added: “Can one choose to let go in a relationship? Can it solve the problems?”
Wu also noted that she spends a lot of time affirming herself daily and needs to take good care of herself and make herself stronger to provide a stable environment for her children to grow up in.
A few hours later, Chaw shared a screenshot of his wife’s words, writing, “I agree, but it has nothing to do with love.”
“I’m leaving because I love you too much”
That’s not the end of their publicly aired and free-to-view marital problems.
On 30 Oct, Cao Ge wrote on Facebook in Chinese about how he had trouble sleeping due to this situation.
Afterwards, Chaw posted a photo of the couple, along with the caption, “I’m leaving not because I don’t love you. I’m leaving because I love you too much.”
- SPF Confirm Kwek Kee Seng is Still in S’pore
- Man in China Hid S$42 Million Lottery Win from Wife & Child & It’s Not Because He Wanted The Money for Himself
- 25YO S’porean Killed in Traffic Accident in M’sia Expressway
- Mercs Driver Allegedly Grabbed SBS Driver’s Phone & Tossed It After He Was Being Honked At
- 10 Important Things That were Mentioned During PAP’s Conference & Awards 2022
Featured Image: Instagram (@supergarychaw) + Facebook (曹格Gary Chaw)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast