While we might take food delivery services for granted, we definitely shouldn’t ever take those who deliver our food for granted.
Recently, a GrabFood delivery rider passed away after getting into an accident at Punggol on 24 June.
According to a video posted on the SG Road Vigilante – SGRV Facebook page, the incident took place near the loading and unloading bay of Waterway Point.
The caption of the video also suggested that the incident was a hit-and-run by a van, and that the GrabFood rider was a cyclist.
Several other GrabFood riders, as well as a security guard, were seen trying to offer their assistance as well.
According to TODAY, the police confirmed that they were informed about the accident at around 9.50am yesterday (24 June).
The GrabDelivery rider was on a power-assisted bicycle when a lorry along Punggol Walk towards Punggol Way crashed into him.
Even though the man was initially conscious when taken to Changi General Hospital, he ended up passing away due to his injuries afterwards on the same day.
The police have gotten hold of the 65-year-old lorry driver, and he is currently assisting with the ongoing police investigations.
When contacted by TODAY, a Grab spokesperson acknowledged that the company knows of the accident.
Grab is also currently in touch with the victim’s next-of-kin to render assistance.
The Grab spokesperson also emphasised the importance of driving safely while on the road, and highlighted that delivery partners’ safety and wellbeing are of great importance to the company.
Just over two months ago, a foodpanda rider was killed after a van hit him while along Gambas Avenue.
The accident, which occurred on 10 April this year, took the life of Jason Tan, a 24-year-old rider who was on a motorcycle. His wife was pregnant at that point in time.
The same accident also landed a 20-year-old motorcyclist, Muhammad Alif Rykell Shah, in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a hospital.
The police later announced that they had arrested a 36-year-old van driver for careless driving causing death.
- Compulsory Tuberculosis Screening for Residents at 2 Jalan Bukit Merah After About 170 People Tested Positive
- KL Restaurant Manager Responds to FB Post With ‘GO F YOURSELF B’ After Being Criticized Online
- Indonesia Building a Housing Estate Modelled After S’pore With ERP, Merlion & an Orchard Road
- S’porean Jailed 10 Years for Buying IDs on the Dark Web & Impersonating 2 People
- China National Tried to Bribe Police with $100 for Drink-Driving; Claimed It Was to ‘Pay the Fine’
Featured Image: Facebook (SG Road Vigilante – SGRV)
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue