Did you know that you could get fined $3,000 for illegal fishing in the reservoirs?
This guy was not only caught on video fishing illegally, but also tossing, or yeeting, the fish back into the water. Ouch.
It’s nice to see young people picking up hobbies like fishing. But what about illegal fishing?
A clip on Instagram page @tiagongg.sg showed a young man holding up a fish he caught with both hands. He seemed to have roughly yanked the fishing rod’s hook out of the fish’s mouth.
Afterwards, he yeeted, or strongly tossed the fish, back into the water. Is it really necessary to throw the fish like a basketball, when he could have simply gently dropped the fish back into the water?
The clip seems to have been a screen recording of an Instagram story by @patricklimfishing. However, that account seemed to have been deleted or disabled, since no results popped up when we enter than username in Instagram’s search box.
Many people have commented under this video, criticising this man for fish abuse.
View this post on Instagram
The Public Utilities Board (PUB) stated that they are currently investigating the incident. They also confirmed that fishing is indeed not allowed at MacRitchie Reservoir, with notice boards on site reminding members of the public about this rule.
If you spot anyone fishing illegally, you can call 1800 284 6600 to report them. Offenders who are found fishing in the reservoir may face a fine of up to $3,000.
- S’pore Car Allegedly Used Bus Lane in Causeway & Ignored M’sia Police
- YouTuber Did Video About S’pore That Has Wrong Info That Can Be Googled Easily
- False Ceiling Collapsed in Woodlands Dormitory After Thunderstorm, Injuring 2 Migrant Workers
- Wild Boar Stuck in Road Divider at Punggol Road Has Been Euthanised
- Terra Luna Founder Do Kwon Still Active Online Before Interpol Issued Red Notice for His Arrest
Featured Image: Instagram (@tiagongg.sg)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Popular Old Lai Huat Seafood Restaurant In Farrer Park Closes Down After Operating for 60 Years
- 70YO Who’s Living in S’pore But is Stateless Just Eats One Meal a Day
- SFA Looking Into Viral Video of a Twitching Rat on a Tray of Food at Tangs Market
- Still Have Unused CDC Vouchers? You Can Soon Donate Them to Charities
- Rental Scams Have Resurfaced, With Scammers Proactively Messaging Tenants
- Koufu Issues Warning to SGH Vegetarian Food Stall Owner After Viral Incident
- S’pore Job Fair in JB Saw 2,500 M’sians Applying for 300 Job Openings in S’pore