For the TikTok natives amongst us, you might have heard of Karen’s Diner, a popular retro diner with restaurants in the UK and Australia that has made its way to the video-sharing platform lately.
For those who haven’t, you’ve probably guessed by now that, as its name suggests, it’s really “Karen”.
Apart from burgers, hot dogs, milkshakes, desserts and alcohol, you’ll definitely find yourself getting a more-than-enough side of “bad” and horribly rude service.
Of course, it’s all in the name of fun, because “Karen”-esque service is actually what the diner’s known for.
And for those who’ve been marking the restaurant as your next go-to spot when you travel next time, here’s the good news.
You won’t have to go to Karen’s Diner, because Karen’s Diner is coming to us.
Yup, the notorious diner chain will be having its very own pop-up right here in Singapore.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
Age Restriction for Karen’s Diner
But before you call all your family and friends up to jio them for this unique experience, here’s what you need to know.
As an establishment with “rude waiters” (even according to themselves), the diner actually has some age restrictions for the younglings amongst us.
Individuals under the age of 14 will only be allowed in at lunchtime if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian, and will not be admitted into the restaurant during dinnertime.
As for those under 16, they will be allowed in for lunch unaccompanied, but must have a parent or guardian with them for dinner.
According to the FAQ segment on their website, Karen’s diner may have “language may be offensive and inappropriate”.
“We encourage anyone under the age of 18 to attend prior to 5pm,” the website also states.
And if you’re wondering if they have an age limit, they don’t.
But of course, you’d probably want to explain the concept of the diner to any older friends and relatives, unless you want to be responsible for their high blood pressure afterwards.
Other Rules of Karen’s Diner
But if you’re thinking if the diner’s a place of utter chaos and no rules, that’s not exactly the case either.
Their website clearly states the types of behaviours that will not be tolerated within the establishment, and the behaviours include sexist, racist or homophobic comments, comments on body image, touching of staff and more.
Karen’s Diner also highlighted that breaking these rules will mean that your table will be forced to pay the bill and leave the restaurant,
You will be banned from returning in the future as well.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Details of Pop-Up Yet to Be Released
However, for those of you who’re already marking your calendars, the details of the pop-up have yet to be released as of now.
On the Explore Hidden website, it seems like the pop-up will begin operations in “winter” and will run until 21 May 2023, but the website is still listed as a “secret location” for now.
But for those who can’t wait until more details are released, you can choose to put yourself on the waitlist for free now.
And if you can’t get in even after putting yourself on the waitlist? Be a Karen. That might work.
- MOM Announces Changes to Work Pass System, Including 1 New Work Pass for High-Income Foreigners
- Korean Actress Yoo Joo Eun Dies at Age 27 Reportedly By Suicide
- Poll Shows Almost 50% of People in S’pore Will Still Wear Masks in Malls All the Time
- Dee Hsu’s Husband Caught Behaving Intimately With Another Woman But Dee Hsu Still Gave the Same Answer
- S’pore Couple Had Their Rolex Watches Stolen in Spain & Claimed That Police Weren’t Helpful
Featured Image: Instagram (@karensdinerofficial) + TikTok (@jamiezhu)
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee