When asked which city in Asia is the perfect place for a foodie, many would answer Kuala Lumpur (KL).
However, hygiene may be a concern when dining there, especially at a handful of food stalls which does not prioritise it. This eventually leads to illnesses such as Diarrhea or Food Poisoning.
Recently, a food stall in KL went viral after a video of a rat nibbling on a piece of fried chicken in a food display was filmed and posted online.
Depan mata sndiri, No More mkn mamak 😵 janjiii pic.twitter.com/HxkhjFbZHY
— ig : zoeyhanafiah (@zoeyhanafiah) December 22, 2022
After what looked like a scrumptious meal for the rat, it made haste and left the scene.
As of the time of writing this article, the video has garnered over 1.6 million views.
Asked to Close for 14 Days
Due to how viral the video became, authorities at the Malaysian Health Ministry were alerted of the situation.
The authorities subsequently sent a health inspection team from the Food Safety & Quality Division to the stall, where they left unsatisfied with its hygiene standards.
In a statement by the Health Ministry’s director-general, Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said, “We ordered the restaurant to close for 14 days under Section 11 of the Food Act 1983.”
He further mentioned that six compounds were issued to the food stall for food safety and hygiene violations under the Food Hygiene Regulations 2009.
Additionally, in the statement that was shared, a suspension notice was attached, which indicates that the restaurant will reopen on 6 Jan 2023.
You can click here to understand Malaysia’s Food Hygiene Regulation 2009.
- Residents Are Complaining About the Burning of Offerings from AMK Temple
- Trailer for Jack Neo’s Next CNY Movie About Durians & COVID-19 Looks Promising
- Song Joong-ki Finally Confirms He’s Dating Again & His Girlfriend Was Actually Spotted in S’pore
- Disgraced S’porean Nelson Loh, Who Wanted to Buy Newcastle FC, Has Been Caught in China
- Song Joongki’s Girlfriend Allegedly “Pregnant” As They Were Spotted in an OBGYN Clinic
Featured Image: @zoeyhanafiah/ Twitter.com & Ministry of Health of Malaysia
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue