Singapore is not getting a break. We’re getting rain from the skies and now, fires from the ground.
Large Fire Broke Out at Geylang restaurant
Xiao Xiang Yuan Hunan Restaurant, located near the junction of Geylang Road and Lorong 12 Geylang, suffered a fire outbreak on their second floor last evening (4 Feb 2023).
In a video from Facebook uploaded by Wellness Concepts, over a dozen firefighters from Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) could be seen rushing around to put out the fire.
A police car was also parked at the side of the road, most likely for crowd control.
I’m more surprised the daily Singapore heavy rain did not put out the fire.
Another TikTok video by a user named sobuj595 showed the fire from the back alley accompanied by two firetrucks and around six more firefighters.
Geylang Lor 12 fires
The fire’s smoke was so gau that it started to engulf the other neighbouring shophouses.
Here’s what it looked like from the top:
SCDF mentioned to The Straits Times that they were informed of the incident at 6.15pm and extinguished the flames with two water jets.
Thankfully, no one was sent to the hospital.
The cause of the incident is still being investigated but a certain netizen has come up with their own theory on how it started (trust at your own risk ah):
- S’porean Girlfriend Complained That Boyfriend’s Parents Just Gave a $10 CNY Ang Bao
- 27 Dogs, Mostly HDB-Approved, Up for Adoption But With Strict Requirements
- Everything About the China “Spy Balloon” Incident Summarised & Simplified for You
- There’s a Man in M’sia Who Looks 99.9% Like Vin Diesel
- Copycat McDonald’s Sweet & Sour Sauce Recipe: How to Make With Ingredients Bought in Singapore
Featured Image: TikTok (sobuj595) & Facebook (Wellbeing Concepts)
Here’s why a 4-day workweek might finally really be possible in Singapore soon:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant