Yes, we are writing an article on the tide pods. I know, I know. Everyone’s been talking about tide pods, and it has even become one of the very first memes of 2018.
For the uninitiated, tide pods are not candies. I repeat, although they may look deceptively similar to candies, tide pods are in fact, detergent.
Just because it looks colourful and is bite-sized, doesn’t mean it belongs in your mouth! (What are you, a 3-year-old kid?)
I gotta admit though, tide pods do look pretty delicious. I wonder if they are sweet or a little sour or—
—oh holy cow, them tide pod overlords almost controlled my mind! Thank you for showing me the way!
…Anyway, back to the tide pods.
If you were to do a Google search, you will see lots of videos and images of tide pod challenges. Basically, it’s just a bunch of people eating detergent and looking really ugly afterwards. (Admittedly, more than half are satirical or about why you shouldn’t eat tide pods)
“They’re serious enough to cause possible diarrhoea and vomiting, and they’re in such a high concentration they could be deadly,” said David Johnson, with the Washington State Department of Health.
According to the American Association of Poison Control Centers, there have been a total of 40 cases of “reported exposures to liquid laundry detergent pods by 13- to 19-year olds”.
And this is just the statistics from 1 Jan to 11 Jan! Basically, there are approximately 4 kids(reported) eating tide pods every day!
Things are so severe, that even Tide, the company behind the tide pods, had to make a video to dissuade people from eating them!
I have no words. They may look delicious but at the end of the day, tide pods are still meant for washing laundry!
Is it really so difficult to understand that?
That being said, human stupidity knows no bounds. With everything that has happened in the recent years— well, what’s new, right?
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- There’s a ‘Serial Vomiter’ in S’pore. Here’s What You Should Know
- Flu Season in S’pore didn’t End as Projected ‘Coz #WinterSingapore
- Here’s How to Chill Your Drinks in the Fridge Faster: Wrap it in Paper Towel
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: knowyourmeme.com
- Everything About Perplexity AI, The ChatGPT-Like Search Engine That’s a Real Threat to Google
- 10 Facts About Drain Flies, The Small Flies That Are Always in Your Toilet & Bathroom
- Why People Are Making Friendship Bracelets Ahead of Taylor Swift’s Concert
- Everything About the South Korea Doctors’ Protest So Far
- What Chan Chun Sing Said About Having Israel-Hamas Conflict Contents in MOE CCE Materials
- 2024 Has a 29 Feb. Here’s What a Leap Year is & Why It’s Needed
- Everything About Swiftonomics, Whereby Taylor Swift’s Presence Can Impact Local Economics
- “Haunted” ChatGPT Spat Out Gibberish & Nonsensical Responses for Hours This Week
- 5 Facts About The Legality of Sky Lanterns in Singapore