Last Friday night (13 May), an accident involving a delivery rider on a personal mobility device (PMD) and a motorcycle occurred.
According to the police, the accident took place around 11pm, in Serangoon Road towards Upper Serangoon Road after Whampoa East.
Police investigations are currently ongoing, as the other motorist involved in the accident has yet to be found.
It is suspected that the motorcyclist had fled the scene after the collision.
Delivery Rider Passes Away at the Hospital
When the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) arrived at the scene, they immediately attended to the injured man and took him to Tan Tock Seng Hospital for emergency retreatment.
Shin Min Daily News reported that the man was wearing a food delivery uniform at the time of his accident.
Unfortunately, the 54-year-old man passed away in the hospital while he was in a coma.
Readers, please be cautious when you’re walking or driving on the road!
Even if you’re on the pavement, please look and listen out for bicycles and personal mobility devices, as we’re both sharing the same path.
There have been quite a few accidents lately, like the late Mr Jason Tan who met with an accident in Gambas Avenue, or Joshua Ang, one of the actors of I Not Stupid Too, who was caught up in a bad motorcycle accident that left his leg completely disfigured.
That’s to say nothing of the collision that happened outside an Ang Mo Kio condominium, or the 64-year-old cyclist who met his demise after he took the brunt impact of an oncoming lorry on Eunos Road.
All of us play a part in traffic safety and avoiding such tragedies from repeating themselves.
Please prioritise your safety!
- Almost All Stalls in a Toa Payoh Coffeeshop Left After Management Increased Rent
- S’pore in Emergency Phase for Dengue As Cases Have Spiked & it’s Not the Dengue Season Yet
- Man Allegedly Assaulted ‘Coz He Was Slow While Using the ATM at Geylang
- S’pore Creates Anti-Scam Safety Ratings for E-Commerce Platforms & Facebook Marketplace Came in Last
Featured Image: Google Maps
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake