A police officer allegedly shot himself outside the Marina Bay Sands shopping mall, after firing two shots into the air, according to Lianhe Zaobao.
The 29-year-old police officer was found along 1 Bayfront Avenue 1 this morning (19 Sep), at around 9:44am.
Reportedly, he had a gunshot wound and was sent to the hospital unconscious.
He later succumbed to his injuries.
A handgun was seized at the scene.
The police released a statement, saying that based on preliminary investigations, they do not suspect foul play.
Investigations are underway.
The police officer was from the Central Police Division.
Due to strict gun laws, gun violence rarely occurs in Singapore.
In June, a 21-year-old and 19-year-old man came under police scrutiny after they posted a video of one of them carrying a realistic-looking toy shotgun online.
Earlier this March, Goh Ze Lin, a Certis Cisco auxiliary police officer, was sentenced nine weeks in jail after he fired a bullet in a Harbourfront Centre mall toilet cubicle on 8 January 2021, while he was mulling over his finances.
- Joe Biden Said the US Will Defend Taiwan If It is Being Invaded
- Joe Biden Just Said That He Believes the COVID-19 Pandemic is Over
- Police Called in to Sengkang Coffeeshop After Stallholder Accused Diner of Taking Photos
- Some Restaurants in S’pore Are Imposing Reservation Deposits Up to $200 Due to Multiple No-Shows
- S’pore Boss Who Slammed Potential Intern for Asking for Zoom Interview Responds to Viral Post
Featured Image: Lianhe Zaobao 联合早报
How much cash are you getting in December 2023 from the Government? Here are the facts simplified for you:
- Study Shows S’pore Residents Are Eating More Calories, From 2,360Kcal to 2,410Kcal
- Everything About the Additional S$1.1 Billion Support Package & What You’d Receive
- Bukit Panjang Has Just Joined the Million-Dollar HDB Resale Club
- 4 Foreigners Charged for Working as Food Delivery Riders Illegally
- Everything About the Harvest Moon in Singapore on 29 Sept, The Last Supermoon in 2023