Another spicy development has occurred in the realm of Malaysia politics.
This time, a report was made against the former Prime Minister of Malaysia, Muhyiddin Yassin.
The report isn’t a small one as it claims that the former PM received around S$410,000 from a foreign visa operator named Ultra Kirana Sdn Bhd (UKSB).
According to The Star, the state police in Melaka confirmed that a report was lodged on 18 June (Saturday) against Muhyiddin.
The report was made at the Sungai Udang police station at 9:00 pm on June 17 (Friday).
“We will soon decide on which section of the Penal Code to classify and investigate the report,” said Melaka Tengah OCPD Asst Comm Christopher Patit.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
The report was lodged by former UMNO supreme council member Lokman Noor Adam.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
The UMNO is the United Malays National Organisation, the oldest political party in Malaysia.
The former PM of Malaysia posted on Friday that he did not receive any form of cash inducement when he served as home minister.
This account was made against a witness claim during the corruption trial of Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
Ahmad Zahid Hamidi is a Malaysian politician who has served in the UMNO and Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition since June 2018.
Muhyiddin, who is currently Malaysia’s National Recovery Council chairman, rejected the claims made by UKSB administrative manager David Tan on the witness stand regarding him receiving up to RM1.3 million from the company.
“The statement (made by the witness) is false. I strongly deny it,” said Muhyiddin in a Facebook post on Friday.
Claims Bribes Impossible due to Health Issues
Muhyiddin elaborates that the period in which he was accused of receiving funds overlaps with the time he had to get cancer treatment.
Due to this, he was on leave for a few months and he was taken over by then prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
“I was having treatment at a hospital overseas,” he wrote in his post, thereby clarifying it was impossible for him to accept bribes with his then health condition.
(Still…there’s such thing as iBanking though so—)
Muhyiddin did undergo surgery and treatment in Singapore due to a growth on his pancreas. He was eventually discharged in August 2018.
Open to be Questioned over Report
The former prime minister of Malaysia insists his innocence by saying he has never been investigated by the authorities regarding the allegations and was prepared to be questioned.
Claims on Muhyiddin’s alleged acceptance of bribes arose when Mr Tan was questioned in court regarding the company’s ledger.
The ledger was shown during Zahid’s corruption trial.
When questioned by Zahid’s lawyer over who was the ‘TSM’ listed in the ledger, Mr Tan said: “Tan Sri Muhyiddin”.
Tan further states that the payments were given to Muhyiddin over the course of three months.
“On June 4, 2018, it was RM300,000 (S$94,770); on July 4, it was RM500,000 (S$157,950) and on August 23, it was RM500,000 (S$157,950),” said Tan.
- Restaurant Responds After Diner Complains That He Has to Pay $50 to Bring in Outside Cake
- Contractor at Punggol HDB Flat Allegedly Treated the Ground Floor as a Rubbish Chute
- M’sian Actress-Singer Adibah Noor Dies at 51 Years Old Due to Ovarian Cancer
- Large Flame Seen in the East of S’pore Last Night (17 June) is from the Flare Tower of the Refinery in Pengerang
- Hawker Who Sold Viral $11 Cai Png With Fish Explains Why It is So Expensive
Featured Image: Facebook (Muhyiddin Yassin)
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee