Singapore is known by many as a safe nirvana, but some incidents remind us that our safety can never be guaranteed.
A particularly traumatising one was the murder case last year, in which a 16-year-old student axed a 13-year-old boy to death.
Now, there are updates on the killer.
Former RVHS Student Who Killed His Schoolmate Has Taken O-Level in Prison
We’ve all heard of the River Valley incident last year.
After all, it made national headlines and was even addressed by many prominent politicians.
Since his deed, the killer has been remanded. Essentially, he has been put in police custody since.
According to the Singapore Prison Service (SPS), the teen sat the 2022 O-level exams in prison as a private candidate.
Before the examination, he was provided with study materials, and on the day of the exam, an invigilator was deployed to the prison to oversee his test.
Speaking to The Straits Times, his lawyer said: “All are grateful for Prisons and the Ministry of Home Affairs facilitating our client’s further studies while in remand.
“It is a common feature for prisons to do all they can to help young accused persons.”
The next expected hearing of his case will be on 25 January 2023.
The Tragic Incident
On 19 July 2021, a 16-year-old boy brought an axe to school. He had bought it online and had intentions of using it on someone.
Between 11.15 am to 11.30 am, he walked into the toilet on the fourth storey with his weapon and waited for his victim.
According to him, he would kill the next person who entered the restroom.
As a 13-year-old schoolmate entered next, he slashed him repeatedly with the axe as screams of help could be heard from the washroom.
The two have never met. They didn’t know each other. And now, one was robbing the life out of the other for no reason at all.
At 11.35 am, the suspect trudged out with his bloodied hands and his bloodied axe. He turned to the nearest group of students and asked them to call the police, but they bolted into their classroom.
Making his way to another classroom, he made the same request: for the police to be called.
As all that unfolded, the lifeless body laid there on the cold tiles of the bathroom.
One brave teacher confronted the murderer and convinced him to drop the axe. Complying, he gave up his weapon and was escorted to a meeting room.
Soon enough, the police and paramedics arrived.
That day, one boy was placed under arrest and another, under a pall.
- People Are Indeed Buying Nutri-Grade A & B Drinks After All
- Woman in KL Airport Went Viral for Being a Classic Example of a Karen
- S’pore Lost to M’sia in TasteAtlas Awards 2022 for World’s Best Cuisines
- It Won’t be So Rainy in the First Half of Jan 2023 Compared to Dec 2022
- Saudi Arabian Football Club Al Nassr Officially Signs Cristiano Ronaldo Until 2025
Featured Image: Facebook (Shin Min Daily News 新明日报) + Google Maps
Here’s why a 4-day workweek might finally really be possible in Singapore soon:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant