The Bukit Canberra Hawker Centre opened recently, but that doesn’t mean West siders are missing out on good food.
On the North-West, a new hawker centre is opening as well.
Senja Hawker Centre just opened at Bukit Panjang on Sunday (11 Dec).
Here’s everything you need to know about it.
Michelin-Awarded Hawkers at Senja Hawker Centre
The new hawker centre will host a slate of food stalls, from your humble plate of chicken rice to satisfy any local cravings to Michelin-awarded hawkers for when you’re feeling more boujee.
You read that right. You can catch Michelin-awarded hawkers like Jiao Cai Seafood at Senja Hawker centre and enjoy their famous barbecue seafood.
If that doesn’t whet your appetite, how about Heng Gi Goose and Duck Rice?
One of the most popular stalls serving Teochew-style braised duck in Singapore, it is listed in the Singapore Michelin Guide with a Michelin plate.
We trust that the food sells itself, but if you need an additional indicator of the food quality, we’ll tell you this: the duck rice stall has been operating for more than 60 years.
Other beloved local names such as Amoy Street Lor Mee, Project Penyek, Shi Hui Yian and China Whampoa Homemade Noodles will also be open at Senja Hawker Centre.
580 Seats With A Roof Garden
The hawker centre will have 580 fixed seats, meaning you don’t have to worry about rushing to chope a seat there.
The establishment even has a roof garden, so you can head up to take in some nature after your meal or even to snap some Instagram photos.
If you’re driving to the hawker centre, the hawker centre is well ahead of you in taking care of your parking woes. The hawker centre’s basement will house an 82-lot carpark, so you can spend less time looking for a parking lot and more time feasting to your heart’s content.
Authentic Malaysian Ramly Burgers
Senja Hawker Centre will also be the first-ever hawker centre in Singapore to be home to Warong by Rice Garden, the Halal version of Rice Garden.
You read that right—the Rice Garden here is the same Rice Garden that you see at the mixed rice stalls in your neighbourhood.
Muslim diners can enjoy Nasi Campur from prices as low as $2, as well as other affordable meals ranging from $2.80 to $3.50.
As an additional bonus, authentic Malaysian Ramly burgers are also available at the stall!
That means you no longer have to buy frozen patties from Fairprice or wait for a pasar malam to come around to enjoy a delightful Ramly burger!
Of course, the usual Rice Garden mixed rice stall will also be open at the hawker centre.
Concessionary meals consisting of two selected vegetables and one meat will cost just $1.50 for Comcare cardholders and $2 for Pioneer Generation, Merdeka Generation, CHAS Blue or NTUC Union members.
Tell your parents and grandparents, and bring them along to snag these deals too!
Kopitiam HawkerBoss Programme
That’s not all there is to this new hawker centre!
It also runs the Kopitiam HawkerBoss Programme, a year-long programme that helps grow young hawkers’ businesses and heritage brands.
Among the young hawkers is Rahim, who is running the stall Mohamed Ayaan Rojak to share the goodness of his family’s 50-year-old recipe.
The programme supports young hawkers by providing rental and/or stall fee subsidies, manpower salary subsidies and much more.
The hawker centre is located at 2 Senja Cl on the 2nd floor and will operate from 6 am to 10:30 pm daily.
- Guest Who Sat Next to Song Joongki in an Indian Wedding Thought He Was Hyun Bin
- 8 Best Places in Singapore to Have Your Christmas Dinner in 2022 For Under $50 Per Pax
- Henderson Fire That Led to NSF’s Death Likely Started in the Bedroom from an Electrical Origin
- Chinese Restaurants in S’pore Paying Up to 3 Times The Salary for People to Work During CNY
- Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan Attended CPL Edward H. Go’s Wake; Said ‘Everyone is Shocked’
Featured Image: Brand Cellar Pte Ltd
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake