Here’s a dream wedding ceremony worthy of envy from Crazy Rich Asians fans as local socialite, Kim Lim, received $2 million dollars worth of betrothal gifts on 16 February from her fiancé, who is known for keeping a low profile and goes by the name, L.
About the Betrothal Ceremony or Guo Da Li
The significance behind Guo Da Li (or 过大礼) is a traditional event that occurs before the engaged couple’s wedding day where wedding gifts are presented to the bride’s family as a sign of the groom’s sincerity.
Usually, this ceremony includes a Chinese betrothal basket containing a pair of dragon and phoenix candles, a hong bao for the bride, roasted pork, wine, and jewellery for the bride.
Clearly, L’s sincerity is aplenty for his wife-to-be as his gifts during the ceremony include 15 gold bars, two Hermès bags, gold necklaces, eight pairs of dragon and phoenix bangles, and much more.
(For those who are unaware, a Hermès bag can range from $9,000 USD to about $500, 000 USD.)
The planner of the grand ceremony, Lelian Chow, founder of The Floral Atelier and The Wedding Atelier, gave a glimpse of the intricacies involved in this high-profiled betrothal ceremony.
View this post on Instagram
This ceremony is one of the rituals carried out in Chinese weddings known as Three Letters, Six Etiquettes (三书六礼).
Kim Lim’s Love Story with Soon-To-Be Husband Tech Entrepreneur, L
The romance between the 30 year-old socialite and L began after Lim’s divorce from ex-partner, Kho Bin Kai, in 2020 after three years of marriage.
Fans of the 30 year-old socialite were given snippets of her romance with L through her social media posts. This includes a well-documented dream vacation to Paris and the gifting of a lavish bouquet by L to Lim comprising 99 stalks of South American roses. Definitely, a more atas option compared to the food bouquets that my friends received for Valentine’s.
Giving Back to the Community During the Pandemic
However, that’s not all from this couple – the duo also gave back to the community last year November when they provided meals for 1,500 frontline workers. Lim had also arranged for 1,100 care packages for staff working at Fullerton Health vaccination centers and swabbing sites.
To top it off, the popular socialite also runs a number of aesthetics-related businesses which include a hair treatment center in Ngee Ann City and Illumia, a medical spa and clinic that offers non-surgical procedures.
From here on out, we wish this power duo the best and a happy marriage that rivals the prosperous goodies given during the ceremony.
- Student Lost 30kg in 4 Months After Finding Out That Her BF Was Having an Affair With Her Best Friend
- Everything About the New VTLs, Including to Hong Kong, New Border Measures Simplified for You
- Lee Jinglei Reported Submitted New Evidence for a Court Hearing With Wang Leehom on 4 March
- IKEA Has New Food Menu With Pork Items Like Iberico Pork Patty
- Rebecca Lim Shows Clearer Image of Her Husband-to-Be During Valentine’s Day
Featured Image: Instagram (@kimlimhl)
How much cash are you getting in December 2023 from the Government? Here are the facts simplified for you:
- Apple Claims Some Apps Like Instagram Are Causing iPhone 15 to Overheat
- This Halloween, 1 of the Most Popular Costume is a Barbie-Themed Costume
- Study Shows Drinking 2 Cups of Coffee a Day May Reduce Risk of Parkinson’s Disease by 8 Times
- Bukit Panjang Char Kway Teow Stall Explains Why There’s a $0.50 Charge for Removing Beansprouts
- 5 Facts About Angela Lee, Who’s Retiring from MMA
- ICA Responds to Allegations That Congestions in SG-JB Checkpoints Are Caused by Singapore