I‘m sure when you were young, your parents told you never to get into a car with strangers.
Today, it’s the norm to do it all the time. I mean, that’s essentially what getting a Grab or Uber car means.
Now, I’m sure that most Grab or Uber drivers are good people who just wants to do their jobs. But you cannot discount the fact that you might be so suay you meet the bad ones.
Like this lady here.
She alleged that she was molested by a GrabHitch driver when she took the service yesterday.
She was sitting in the front seat beside the driver as she felt that the drivers are Singaporeans like “you and me” who are picking people up along the way for extra cash. In other words, she’s too polite to sit behind like they’re normal Grab drivers.
Just so you know, GrabHitch is a carpooling service, so the drivers aren’t Grab or Uber drivers who drive for profit; instead, they drive to offset the car expenses as they can only provide rides for a maximum of two times a day.
So, back to the topic. At first, the ride was normal but things took a turn for the worse when she reached her destination.
When she was reaching for her wallet, the side of her legs brushed against the driver’s hand. Then, the driver allegedly touched her leg, telling her “she has super legs”.
Thinking that she has misunderstood the situation, she thought nothing of it and simply asked him, “what?”
To which he repeated his previous sentence.
Now genuinely disturbed, she hurriedly gave him the fare and got out of the car but not before he allegedly gave her leg a longer stroke and proclaimed his love for them.
She made a complaint to Grab via a phone call but the staff attending to her was not sympathetic, promising that they’ll follow up with her on the incident.
Both Grab and her made a separate police report and the driver has been suspended from Grab.
The clincher was the GrabHitch driver, hereby nicknamed ‘creepy guy’, tried to call her on her phone. He was told not to do so again by Grab.
I’m pretty sure this isn’t what they meant.
Always bored during your commute to and fro work or school? Here’s the best solution: download our app for new articles, Facebook videos and YouTube videos that are updated daily…and most importantly, exclusive contents that are only available in our app! It’s your perfect companion for your daily commute!
Here are some other Grab news for you:
- GrabHitch Driver Tried Asking a Passenger Out for Coffee & Claimed It Was a Misunderstanding
- This Grab Driver Has Beer and Ciggs in His Car & They’re FREE
Feature Image: Facebook (Rocio Yap Jia Han)
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death