You wanna know every restaurant customer’s worst nightmare?
A cockroach sliding out of your chocolate fondue.
Geezus, the mere thought of it makes me want to barf rainbows.
Anyways, the good guys over at National Environment Agency (NEA) have volunteered (just kidding; they are being paid to do it) to audit the hygiene levels in food places, just so that we never face that nightmare dressed in a daydream.
If you flout it?
Game over, brah.
Such was the case for Peranakan Inn (located at Katong), which was suspended for two weeks after the restaurant “failed to keep its premises free of cockroach infestation”.
What exactly happened?
According to Channel News Asia, the NEA released a suspension notice on Wednesday (29 Nov), proclaiming that operations at Peranakan Inn at Katong will be suspended for two weeks due to cockroach infestation.
This wasn’t the only naughty thing they did either. Over the last 12 months, they clocked a total of 12 demerit points.
When will the suspension period be?
The outlet, which is located at 210, East Coast Road, will be shut down from Thursday (30 Nov) to 13 Dec.
It was also fined a total of S$800 for its offences.
NEA said that all food handlers working there “will be required to attend and pass the basic food hygiene course again before resuming work in the restaurant.”
“Depending on past record, a licensee who accumulates 12 or more demerit points during a 12-month period may have their license suspended or cancelled,” said NEA.
“NEA takes a serious view of these offences and would like to remind food operators to observe good food and personal hygiene practices at all times, and to engage only registered food handlers.”
Well NEA, I disagree with you on many counts but this is one that I agree with you. Wholeheartedly.
Customers aren’t really picky (or at least me). All we want are just three things.
No cockroaches. No salmonella. No extra hairy bits nobody asked for.
Just serve us what we ordered.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Over 100 Cockroaches Found in a China Flight. Would You Take It Even if It’s Free?
- S’porean Bought a Wrapped Used Fridge & Found Cockroaches & Lizards Inside Instead
- 300 Million Cockroaches in China Are Doing Their Part to Save Our Children. Serious.
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Image: Google Street
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death