Everybody knows how Daiso is one of the best places to shop.
You can get the same products at a price much lower than a regular shop. There’s quite an impressive range of products that they sell as well. From food to household items and electronics….everything is $2. It is the ultimate go-to for all broke children scrambling to find gifts for their friends’ birthdays.
Ok but honestly, that we all know. My job here today is to blow your mind away with 10 facts about Daiso that you probably wouldn’t have known.
1) Daiso Taiwan
There is a whole range of skincare products that are all MIT (Made in Taiwan) and they are all sold at NTD 39 (SGD 1.80).
While prices are still kept at $2 in Singapore, Taiwan’s Daiso separates their products into 2 prices: NTD 39 & 49 (SGD 1.80 & 2.20).
2) Daiso Japan
Eveything is priced at multiples of 100: 100,200,300,400,500 yen.
3) Going separate ways
As of 2014, Daiso Korea is no longer part of Daiso Japan.
The latter calls the highly-controversial Liancourt Rocks their own.
Daiso Korea no longer sells products from Daiso Japan and is functioning as a different company.
4) Daiso Korea
In the land of kimchi where online shopping is a big deal, Daiso Korea has an online shopping platform where you can simply purchase the same items found in stores online.
5) Made in China
While Daiso stores originate from Japan, you may be unobservant of the fact that 4 out of 10 items are made in China.
6) Massive Daiso Canada
The one and only Daiso in Canada is massive. It is 2-storey high and its store is about half the size of a football field.
7) Recall products
Daiso was asked by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to take 165 items off the shelves in Australia in June 2017.
Toys were found to pose a choking hazard and there were some unknown ingredients listed on the beauty products.
8) Beauty products
Daiso sells a whole range of beauty products that can be found in Singapore as well.
The next time you’re thinking whether or not to purchase that $50 concealer, perhaps the $2 option might be more attractive.
9) Daiso counterparts
Daiso is not the only store selling all items at 100 yen. There are other stores like Seria and Cando that price their items uniformly too.
10) International popularity
Daiso may be a Japanese brand selling Japanese products, but their popularity among the non-Japanese is no joke.
As of April this year, there are 3,500 stores worldwide. Even in Kuwait.
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- 10 Facts About WeChat You Probably Didn’t Know About
- 10 Facts About the Ezbuy ‘Delays’ That Actually Happened Way Before 11.11
- 10 Facts About the New Don Don Donki in Orchard Central That’ll Make You Visit It This Weekend
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Image: Koreatown LA Directory
Enjoyed this article because it’s both informative and entertaining? If so, you should download the Goody Feed app so that you won’t miss out on any articles, as there are app-exclusive contents as well! Also, join our Telegram channel if you use Telegram often!
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Why S’pore Should Pay the Bills for All COVID-19 Patients, Including Foreigners or Even Martians
- G.E.M’s Music Video About Covid-19 Fighters is So Touching, It’s Been Viewed 1 Million Times in 2 Days
- More Info About Patient 31 in South Korea Emerges & People Are Now Calling Her ‘Crazy Ajumma’
- Guide to Cleaning Your Smartphone Correctly ‘Coz Authorities Said Must Keep Phone Clean
- 5 Facts About NCID Singapore (National Centre for Infectious Diseases), The Place Many People Haven’t Heard of Before COVID-19 Outbreak
- 2 Young Doctors From Hubei Died from COVID-19; Touching Interviews with Loved Ones Show Their Courage