Say what you want about Night Owl Cinematics (NOC), but they sure know how to bring in the views.
Case in point: in the list of Singapore’s most watched creators, three out of 10 of them are former NOC creators. Which is no small feat, considering how most of the other creators are not based in Singapore.
Singapore’s YouTube-Watching Habits
Ben King, the managing director of Google Singapore, shared that YouTube has more than four million users in Singapore, and that our daily watch time averages 75 minutes.
Which one are you: the one bringing up, or the one bringing down this number?
Think about your favourite channels and videos of the year. Let’s compare them to Singapore’s favourites!
Top 10 Creators in Singapore
Given how we always see MrBeast and his insanely high-budget videos on the trending page, it’s no surprise that he’s the top creator in Singapore.
He’s probably at the top of a few more countries’ Top 10 list, given how he has 114 million subscribers and 19 billion views.
But it seems like Singaporeans do support local talents too, as the second creator on our top 10 list is none other than Ryan Tan’s OverKill Singapore, formerly named Get Lost.
The former NOC boss brought a bunch of his team from NOC with him, and started this channel just six months ago. They already have 51,900 subscribers and over 3.3 million views.
The other former NOC creator on the list is Aiken Chia at number five. Many would remember him for his trademark humour on NOC, and as part of the OG cast of Food King.
He started posting just six months ago, but has already amassed 47,100 subscribers and over 1.5 million views.
The third former NOC creator is Virus Tan, who created the channel Outcasts 10 months ago. The channel has since amassed 40,100 subscribers and over 3.3 million views.
Here’s the full list of the top 10 creators in Singapore, and what they’re known for:
- Overkill Singapore
- Steven He (PS: he’s the emotional damage guy)
- Aiken Chia
- Ryan Trahan
- 怪咖 Outcasts
Local Videos within Top 10 Videos in Singapore
A CNA documentary is the top YouTube video in Singapore this year.
Yes, I know what you’re thinking. Got Singaporeans interested in documentaries meh?
Well, given that this documentary provides a rare peek into Singapore’s prison life, many were enthralled by it. “CNA Insider: How Tough Is Singapore Prison Life?”, part one out of four of CNA Documentary’s series “Inside Maximum Security”, touched the hearts of many with 8.3 million views.
Other videos in the top 10 list from local creators include Chow Jia Hui’s video on losing an HDB resale flat during a breakup, and Naomi Neo’s announcement that she’s adopted.
We also have JianHao Tan’s “13 Types of Students in P.E. Class”, as well as CNA’s livestream of PM Lee announcing the relaxation of COVID-19 measures.
Here’s the complete list of the top 10 videos in Singapore:
- CNA Insider: How Tough Is Singapore Prison Life? | Inside Maximum Security – Part 1/4 | CNA Documentary
- Guardian News: Watch the uncensored moment Will Smith smacks Chris Rock on stage at the Oscars, drops F-bomb
- Technoblade: So long nerds
- mrnigelng: GORDON RAMSAY CALL OUT UNCLE ROGER!
- Chow Jia Hui: Losing my relationship and my home (HDB resale flat)
- Free Fire Esports Official: [BANGLA] Free Fire World Series 2022 Sentosa | Finals
- Naomi Neo: I’m adopted
- Mr.Heang Update: 100 Days Building A Modern Underground Hut With A Grass Roof And A Swimming Pool
- JianHao Tan: 13 Types of Students in P.E. Class
- CNA: [LIVE] Singapore’s PM Lee announces relaxation of COVID-19 measures in national address
- GST Payout Allegedly Deposited for Some People Who Linked NRIC to Paynow
- K-pop Couple HyunA & DAWN Has Officially Broken Up Though They Were Engaged This Year
- Jack Ma Has Finally Been Found & He’s No Longer in China.
- People Impressed With SPC Car Wash Manned by Persons with Intellectual Disabilities
- It’s Going to Rain Almost Every Day for the Next 2 Weeks
Featured Image: Instagram (Ryan Tan, Aiken Chia)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake