Without much doubt, canines will always be mankind’s best friends. I mean, sure—every now and then we see news about people killing and eating them for food, but I’m glad most of the time it’s about their heroics or praiseworthy service towards mankind.
And today, I’m glad I’ll be talking about one such doggo.
(No, not you Doge.)
Ladies and gentlemen, say hi to Riley.
Now, while Riley might just look like your run-of-the-mill Weimaraner puppy, its job is anything but ordinary. Currently receiving training from The Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, Riley’s job would be to sniff out insects and pests that might harm the museum’s collection of artworks.
In case you are unaware, insects are a pretty big problem in museums. Just imagine if you’re the curator. You wake up one fine morning, going about your daily duties ensuring the smooth operation of the museum, only to realize that some weird looking moth is chewing a piece of 400-year-old artwork.
(Oh hi there (*≧▽≦))
Just so you know how much damage these pests are capable of, here’s an image of a page ruined by Silverfish:
Hence, it would only make sense for the museum to prevent such infestations before they occur.
And this is where Riley comes into the picture.
While Riley is still unable to differentiate moth from food, Nicki Luongo, the museum’s director of protective services, said that training will be conducted for Riley over the course of a year.
Weimaraners like Riley have good stamina and can work long hours without getting bored. As such, they are also commonly used to sniff for bombs and drugs. Should Riley prove to be a success in controlling the pests, other museums might just introduce their very own museum pups!
Oh man, I would love for Singapore to have museum doggos. If anything, I think it would give the public one more reason to visit the library!
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Here Are The Zodiac Signs That Have To Go Bai Tai Sui This Dog Year
- Footage of Maid Abusing Dog Went Viral & AVA Has Stepped in
- 10 Cutest Dog Videos to Help You Last Through the Week
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: smithsonianmag.com
Did you come across this article on Facebook? If so, then you should really join our Telegram channel here (https://t.me/goodyfeedsg) because Facebook algorithm is showing you just the depressing side of Singapore. You won't want that, right?
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Ultimate Guide to The Fortune of All 12 Chinese Zodiac Signs in 2020 (Would You Huat or Lose Everything in the Rat year?)
- 24YO Who Starved Herself Trying To Save Money For Brother’s Medical Treatment Dies
- Creative Debt Collector Who Dressed Up In Funeral Garb & Disturbed Employees Jailed
- Video Reveals Serious Collision Between an SBS Bus & Lorry That Broke Lorry Into 2 Pieces; Lorry Driver is a P-Plate Driver Without a P-Plate
- NEA: Singaporeans More Vulnerable To ‘New’ Version Of Dengue That Appeared in 2020
- CNY Ang Bao Rates 2020 Based On A Regular S’porean’s Income