On 26 Feb, SPH owned Straits Times (ST) revamped its site, including a new label—ST Premium.
It is labelled on selected articles and according to the site, it includes exclusive stories, interviews and features, first-hand reporting from their correspondents in bureaus in Asia and around the world, engaging video and visuals and in-depth opinion pieces.
It is also mentioned that we will still have access to local and international breaking news.
Now, why am I talking about this again?
Well, TODAY newspaper which is owned by MediaCorp threw shade at ST.
TODAY posted an FB post 12 hours ago, as of writing time, promoting their newsletter, website and Whatsapp service where you will receive breaking stories in a bite-sized format.
While doing that, they managed to subtly burn ST by saying “with TODAY, you never have to worry about paying more or limiting yourself to “non-premium” articles.”
Coming from someone who has mastered the art of shading people, this subtle dig demands 10 points for Gryffindor!
Is this the beginning of a new war between mainstream media?
With that said, the subscription fees for ST premium isn’t that expensive at all—their most expensive plan is only $29.90 a month.
But hey, you can always get updated on the viral news with a side of humour, if you download our free app or sign up to our newsletter which will be sent to your inbox fresh from our editorial oven!
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Microsoft has just announced FREE Microsoft Office (latest version) for students and educators!
- 5 reasons to make Microsoft Edge your default browser
- Microsoft’s First Laptop Is F****** Futuristic And Too Damn Cool
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured image: TODAY FB
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- #FastFoodFriday: KFC Brown Sugar Boba Tea Tarts: The Pearls Are Just Jellies Shaped Like Boba
- Police NSF Jailed For Tricking Woman Into Exposing Bra During Video Call
- M’sian Influencer Who Called Women Who Wear Size M Clothes ‘Fat’ Apologises
- Miss S’pore International Charlotte Chia Says She Doesn’t Care That Netizens Insult Her Looks
- #ThirstyThursday: Playmade Wasabi Milk Tea Review: An Unholy Concoction Explained Only By Chaos
- Man Slams Dog On The Floor & Kicks It Because Of Its High Medical Bill