Heavy rain can’t stop the rave, but sinking floorboards certainly do the trick.
On the second day of ZoukOut, the floorboards in a section of the VIP tent started sinking, forcing the partygoers to relocate.
Here’s what happened.
ZoukOut Weekend Met with Heavy Rain, Led to Sinking Floorboards
ZoukOut is a dance music festival, which returned to Siloso Beach on 2 and 3 December after a three-year break. Asia’s largest dusk-to-dawn music festival kicked off at about 6pm, and ended at about 7am.
The event was jointly organised by nightclub Zouk and event promoter AEG Presents. They earlier said that they were expecting crowds of up to 30,000 people across two nights.
The heavy rain did nothing to dampen the ravers’ spirits, as they danced along to famous DJs like Tiesto, Zedd, and Gryffin.
However, on 4 December at about 2am, the floorboards of the VIP tent started sinking.
No Injuries as VIPs Relocated
The area, which holds sofas, tables, cups, and bottles, ended up getting cordoned off, with a number of guests moving to the sand. This happened during headliner Armin van Buuren’s set.
A Zouk spokesperson shared that the tent “did not collapse”, and that the floor boarding merely experienced a “minor issue”.
The police also shared that officers helped organisers to direct crowds away from the area “as a precaution”.
There were no injuries, and the event continued without interruption.
Another VIP tent attendee shared that because of the floorboards, a lot of VIPs weren’t allowed back into the tent. They stood on the sand for about one and a half hours, till the staff moved the tables and sofas out to the sand.
Stage in Flames (Metaphorically and Literally)
Other than the floorboard mishap, it seems like there was another accident that happened on stage.
On 3 December, headliner Tiesto shared a video on Instagram of the stage literally up in flames. A flame canister caught fire on stage.
“Played so many heaters last night that the stage caught fire,” he captioned the video, which showed a staff member extinguishing the fire while the crowd roared on.
View this post on Instagram
- A Crane, Used by a Construction Firm, Toppled at Universal Studios Singapore on Saturday
- MOH Responds to WHO’s Warning That There Will be a Measles Outbreak Globally
- Barbie Hsu is Now Fighting With Her Ex-Husband on Social Media
- Image of Jackie Chan Supporting the China Protests Went Viral
- Expect A New Wave of COVID-19 Infections with Year-End Festivities & Travel: Ong Ye Kung
Featured Image: Facebook (WUKONG OFFICIAL)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Woman Got Scammed from a Person She Knew from Coffee Meets Bagel
- Power Outage at JB Checkpoint Caused Long Queues on Wednesday Morning
- Everything About the December BTO Launches That Include 2 PLH Estates
- Around 50 People Found to be Lying in Their Work Pass Applications Every Year
- In 2024, We Might Be Able to See Northern Lights in Countries Like China, Japan and the US As Well
- Confirmed: S’poreans Do Not Need to Submit Digital Arrival Cards When Commuting to Malaysia