Universal Studios Singapore is preparing to bring something new for 2024: Minion Land.
Construction works are ongoing, and they started with tearing down the Madagascar zone, where it will be taking over.
Unfortunately, the construction team must’ve overlooked some details, and their crane toppled over on Saturday (3 December) and crashed onto the ground.
Luckily, no one was injured.
A Crane, Used by a Construction Firm, Toppled at Universal Studios Singapore on Saturday
A netizen uploaded a video on Facebook on 3 December.
According to the post, the crane had fallen just an hour before at around 3.50 pm.
The crane wasn’t as giant as the ones we usually see at road construction sites. It covered a whole path at USS after it crashed.
A spokesperson from Resorts World Sentosa ensured that they are currently investigating the incident alongside authorities.
Further site work has been placed on hold until the investigation ends. They also added that the safety of their guests and team members is their top priority.
Upcoming Minion-Themed Zone at Universal Studios Singapore
Inspired by Despicable Me, Minion Land is set to open in 2024 and is part of the Republic’s post-pandemic tourism recovery plans.
You can expect multiple rides in this zone, including Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, an immersive motion-simulator 3D ride, and a new ride exclusive to USS!
Details on the entire ride have yet to be released, but we can expect it to be exhilarating.
Mr Tan Hee Teck, chief executive of Resorts World Sentosa (RWS), mentioned that they aim to get the zero-energy building certification from the Building and Construction Authority.
If they do, Minion Land will be Singapore’s first attraction to be powered by renewable energy.
USS isn’t the only thing in RWS going through a change.
Resorts World Convention Centre, Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, Hotel Michael, and Festive Hotel will be refurbished by 2023.
- Review of Glamping in the Clouds in Jewel Changi Airport
- Jack Neo’s Daughter, Who Was Looked Down by Her Teacher, Won an Entrepreneur Award
- Cai Png Hawker Owner Slapped Man Who Was Queuing for a Neighbouring Chicken Rice As He Was in Front of Her Stall
- 77YO Died After He Was Hit by a Taxi & Flung Almost 10m at Bishan
- Singaporean Arrested in Australia Airport for Possession of Illegal Drugs
Featured Image: Facebook (Jonas De Thuong)
- NUS Study Shows Parents Who Has More Self-Control & Less Financial Stress Have Children Who are Stronger Mentally
- Wendy’s Cancelled Surge Pricing Plan; Here’s What It Is & Why It Could Really Happen
- Guide to How to Change from Your SimplyGo Cards to the Old EZ-Link Cards
- Everyone is Talking About CPF Special Account. Here’s What It Is.
- Lawrence Wong: No Further Need for GST Hike Up to 2030
- Singapore’s Total Fertility Rate Hits Record Low, Falling Below 1 for the First Time
- Why Hotel Rates in Johor is Set to Increase from 1 March 2024