Apple users, it may be time to consider changing your electronic devices to other brands, because you are urged to update your devices to the latest iOS again because of a critical flaw that has cropped up.
This is the ninth critical vulnerability reported since the beginning of 2022.
Which begs the question: are hackers getting more talented or did the system have that many flaws?
On Monday (24 Oct), the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore urged all Apple users who possess the affected products to upgrade their firmware to iOS 16.1 and iPadOS 16 immediately.
Apparently, if the discovered vulnerability is successfully exploited, the hacker can “perform arbitrary code execution with kernel privileges on the affected products”.
In simpler words, it means that hackers can run any command on and have total control of the affected system by gaining root access.
Listed below are the affected products:
- iPhone 8 and later
- iPad Pro (all models)
- iPad Air 3rd generation and later
- iPad 5th generation and later
- iPad mini 5th generation and later
Essentially, if it is one of the newer and more popular models, just update your Apple device.
Users are also recommended to enable automatic software updates.
Reported, the flaw was found by an anonymous researcher.
All the tech company had to say about this on their website was, “Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.”
Apple, be more confident and remove the “may”.
In any case, please remember to update your Apple devices, especially if you have many accounts or two-factor authentications linked to it!
- S’pore Actress Jayley Woo is Six Months Pregnant & Will Be Getting Married in Dec
- Man Reportedly Fell 5 Floors Down After His Lorry Crashed into Carpark Railings at Woodlands
- Rishi Sunak is Becoming the Next UK Prime Minister; Here’s Who He is & Why Indians Are Happy
- ‘Tourist’ Left Laptop in S’pore Starbucks for an Hour to Show How Safe S’pore Is
- Elderly Man Allegedly Asks for Donations for Late Mother’s Funeral Expenses After Borrowing from Friends
Featured Image: Nerify / Shutterstock.com
- Dee Kosh Lost 20Kg While in Jail & is Now Health-Conscious
- Here’s Why US Lawmakers Want TikTok to be Banned in the US, Simplified for You
- Loan Sharks Are Also Facing Manpower Crunch & Are Recruiting on Telegram
- Minister Said There Are Early Signs of Rental & Resale Property Slowing Down
- Boy Tripped Over Hole in Sengkang Playground & Might Suffer Permanent Damage