Police have arrested the three, including a woman and two men, for alleged careless and drunk driving.
Foodpanda Driver Succumbed to Injuries
The police stated that they were alerted to the accident at Choa Chu Kang Avenue 1 at 11:23pm on 27 September.
The 28-year-old Foodpanda rider was on an e-bike when the car crashed into him. He was taken to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital while unconscious, and unfortunately died later.
Videos posted on social media showed a food delivery bag in the middle of the road, while a few people surrounded the rider and his bike. The rider was lying motionless on the road in a pool of blood.
A red Toyota with a broken windshield could also be seen at the accident site.
Foodpanda has shared that the man was not making a delivery when the accident occurred.
“We are deeply saddened to hear about the accident, and urge everyone to obey traffic rules and exercise extra caution for the safety of all road users,” said Foodpanda.
Everyone Denies Driving
All three people who were in the car denied being the driver when questioned by the police.
They were all arrested and are now under investigation for careless and/or drunk driving.
According to Shin Min Daily News, there was a mobile phone case, water bottle, glasses, and wireless earphones scattered at the site of the accident.
We offer our deepest condolences to the rider’s family.
- Swimmer Teong Tzen Wei Releases Public Statement After Being Revealed to be 3rd Swimmer to Have Consumed Drugs
- Badminton Star Loh Kean Yew Becomes Grab Ambassador & Becomes a Food Delivery Rider for a Day
- 88YO Man Finishes 10km Run in Less than 90 Minutes Under The Rain
- People Caught Smoking in Public Parks & Gardens Will be Fined Up to $1,000 from 1 Oct
- Owner Who Accused Mercs Driver of Speeding off With $334.50 of Seafood Now Said It’s an Misunderstanding
Featured Image: Facebook (Singapore Roads Accident)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast