Johnny Depp is purportedly dating his lawyer.
No, the lawyer in question isn’t Camille Vasquez, the U.S. attorney that represented Depp in his defamation suit against ex-wife Amber Heard.
Instead, Depp is currently dating U.K. attorney Joelle Rich, who defended Depp in his legal battle against The Sun.
Depp’s U.K. Libel Suit
If your main source of news and current affairs is TikTok, you probably have heard only of Depp’s defamation suit against Heard in the U.S.
In the U.S. trial, Depp brought the defamation suit against Heard over a 2018 op-ed she wrote for The Washington Post, wherein she identified herself as a victim of domestic abuse.
While Depp’s defamation suit was picked up as social media fodder, we can’t say the same about Depp’s libel suit against The Sun in the U.K.
Fear not, because Goody Feed is here to bring you up to speed.
Here’s what Depp’s U.K. libel suit was about.
In 2018, Depp started an action against the British tabloid, The Sun, over an article that called him a “wife beater”, amongst a series of claims that he had assaulted his ex-wife Amber Heard. The article cites several instances of abuse prior to the Heard and Depp’s split in 2016.
However, Depp lost this libel suit.
The Judge in the case, Mr Justice Nicol, ruled that The Sun had proved their article’s contents to be “substantially true”. Of the 14 alleged incidents of domestic violence, 12 of the incidents were found to have occurred.
Depp’s claim against The Sun was rejected, and his subsequent request for an appeal was denied as well.
This is where Joelle Rich comes into the picture—she was one of the lawyers who defended Depp in his legal battle against The Sun.
Depp and Rich worked together during the course of the U.K. proceedings, and after the U.K. trials ended, continued keeping in contact. Gradually, the two grew closer and are now reported to be dating.
It’s almost like a Wattpad love story.
This development surfaced just months after Depp was rumoured to be seeing Camille Vasquez, one of the attorneys on his team for his U.S. defamation suit against Heard.
However, rumours of Depp and Vasquez’s romantic involvement were quickly dispelled by Vasquez, who called the rumours “sexist”.
TikTok, you heard that? It’s time to move on from the edits of Depp and Vasquez. Joelle Rich is now in town.
More on Joelle Rich
Rich is a lawyer practising in London, specialising in media law as well as libel, privacy and copyright disputes.
She’s currently a mother to two children and is in the process of a divorce with her husband. Rich has reportedly been estranged from her husband for a while.
Although Rich was not part of Depp’s legal team in his defamation suit against Heard, she was seen in the courtroom during the defamation trial to show her “support” for the Pirates of the Carribean star.
Evidently, the “support” came through, given that Depp managed to score a victory in this suit.
Apparently, the chemistry between Depp and Rich is “off the charts” and “It’s serious between them. They are the real deal”.
Depp might have lost his U.K. libel suit, but he definitely won Rich’s heart.
- Hong Kong Also Easing Travel Restrictions from 26 Sept, Whereby Quarantine is No Longer Required
- For $1.50, Someone Will Help You Send Happy Birthday Message at 12am Sharp
- Lim Tean Faced With 2 More Charges, Including Pocketing $5,500 from AXA Insurance
- Man Hacked His Partner to Death Coz She Didn’t Let Him Live in a Bigger Room in Toa Payoh Flat
- Luxury Goods Shop at Thomson Road Accused of Failing to Deliver Goods Responds to Allegations
Here's a rather unexpected timeline of the $2.8 billion money laundering case in Singapore as revealed by Minister Josephine Teo during a parliament sitting on 3 October 2023:
- 30YO M’sian Collapsed from Brain Aneurysm on First Day of Work in S’pore
- Terence Cao Responds to Netizens Who Weren’t Happy That He Hugged Women in his Livestreams
- Everything About the Ousting of Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy
- Johor Crown Prince Was Near BKK Shooting & Had Taken Cover in the Singapore Embassy
- 7 Facts About the Money Laundering Case That Are Revealed During 3 Oct Parliament Sitting
- MP Tin Pei Ling Joins DCS Card Centre (Formerly Diners Club Singapore) As Managing Director