Singapore is a safe country.
Rarely do we see cases of theft or robbery. While we relish in our nation’s security, it is essential to remember that other countries don’t have it so lucky.
A Singaporean actor’s incident elucidates this.
Mediacorp Actor Desmond Tan Got ‘Robbed’ in Italy
On a trip to Italy, Mediacorp Actor Desmond Tan had his backpack stolen while on a train. Said backpack contained valuables, such as his laptop and his money for the trip.
Apart from those, there were other miscellaneous items, but he said they were replaceable.
On 12 December, he uploaded an Instagram story sharing his predicament.
Besides letting viewers know about his loss, he reminded them to be careful in their travels.
In a follow-up story, he sought the opinions of those that have shared a similar experience as him in the past.
He also hints that a police report will be made and asks viewers for advice regarding the scenario and other means he should pursue.
At the time of writing, there have been no further updates regarding the situation.
Not His First Rodeo
If you thought this was bad enough, well, it isn’t.
Apparently, the actor has been in a similar situation before. In Italy, it was theft. In Bali, it was a robbery.
On 6 March 2020, he posted on Instagram that he had been robbed of his phone and warned people to ignore any “unusual messages” from his phone.
View this post on Instagram
When interviewed by Lianhe Wanbao, he recounted the incident’s breakdown. He was riding a motorcycle with a friend back to their vacation villa and was trailed by two men on a bike.
Slowly, another motorcycle with two men appeared and surrounded the victim. One of them reached out to grab his phone and quickly fled.
Initially, he accelerated and tried to chase the robbers but was stopped by his friend, who worried the situation could escalate into more danger.
Looking back, he said: “I’m blessed to walk out of this whole robbery without any injuries. It could be worse. Whatever it is, I choose to forgive the robbers and pray that they will one day turn over a new leaf and lead better lives.”
He added that he still loves Bali and its people.
View this post on Instagram
With the Italy incident, will he still remain sanguine?
- Popular US Bakery, Cinnabon, Coming to Singapore in Feb 2023
- Jin from BTS Starts Military Service & is Given a ‘Risky’ Role
- Man Caught on Camera Manually Lifting Barrier to Exit Parklane Carpark
- Doctor in Yishun Had to Call the Police 5 Times in 2 Hours After ‘Patient’ Repeatedly Asked for Cough Syrup
- Woman Claims She Just Received Empty Box After Purchasing LV Bag from MBS
Featured Image: @thedesmondtan / Instagram
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- In 2024, HDB Households Might Finally be Able to Keep Up to 2 Cats Per Flat
- Massive Discounts at Four Star’s Year-End Sale: Everything at 50% Off & More from 6 Dec to 10 Dec
- Everything About the Smith Street Revamp, Whereby a Tenant Will Take Over Many Shops
- DBS Said Short Outage on 1 Dec Was Due to Many People Logging in to Check Their Balance
- Man Without Licence Drove GetGo Car at 123kmh By Using His Friend’s Account
- A Doctor Claims Blow-Drying Might Have Indirectly Caused Queenzy Cheng’s Death