A 20-year-old driver destroyed not just the front of the car, but also the wall of the car park, leaving him and his 19-year-old female passenger in shock.
A reader of Shin Min Daily News shared that she heard a loud noise at about 10:40pm on 28 August, coming from the multi-storey carpark at Bukit Panjang Block 449A.
When she went to investigate, she saw a young man and woman sitting on the ground next to a crashed car on the fifth storey. She described them as looking afraid while waiting for either their parents or the authorities to arrive.
The police confirmed that the 20-year-old male driver and a 19-year-old female passenger were taken to the hospital while conscious.
The blue car, which belongs to the car rental company GetGo, was seriously damaged and has been towed away. The hood of the car and the lights were smashed from the impact, with parts of the car hanging out. The airbag was also popped.
The wall of the parking lot was also damaged, with fist-sized bits of the wall falling out from the outside of the building.
A barricade was apparently erected on the ground floor around the affected part of the building.
Investigations on the case are still ongoing, but it is speculated that the driver had lost control of the car and ended up ramming it into the wall.
Anotehr GetGo Driver Once Tried to Flee Scene
Last month, another GetGo car got into an accident and unlike this recent incident, the driver fled from the scene instead.
The accident allegedly happened on the BKE exit to SLE on 15 July.
In a video, a GetGo car could be seen making a slow lane change to the right with its signal lights on.
However, a truck was on the other lane and even if the truck was on the GetGo car’s blind spot, the driver should be able to see the truck as it’s a long vehicle.
The GetGo car continued its path, and collided with the truck.
The impact was so strong, the GetGo car looked like it had a shock as it “jumped” up a little.
All the vehicles then stopped, but the GetGo driver and passengers allegedly fled from the scene immediately after that, leaving the car there.
- Boss of Tampines Coffeeshop Said Coffeeshop is Infested With Rats Due to a Nearby Garbage Chute
- Groom in China Died from Lightning Strike During Photoshoot in Thunderstorm
- Korean Actress Yoo Joo Eun Dies at Age 27 Reportedly By Suicide
- Alleged Verdict of Rosmah’s Trial, Which Should Only Be Out on 1 Sept, Leaked Online
- Popular Thai YouTuber, Nutty’s Diary, Reportedly Fled to Malaysia After Scamming $77 Million from Fans
Featured Image: Shin Min Daily News
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake