Do you know what has more episodes than your grandmother’s favourite Taiwan drama?
The Healing the Divide saga.
Yup, here we go again. If you still haven’t caught up on what’s happened yet, click here and here before you continue reading!
Iris Koh to Face Upgraded Charges
Iris Koh, the founder of Healing the Divide (and Singapore’s most infamous “intelligent vaxxer”), was initially charged with one count of conspiring with Dr Jipson Quah to cheat the Ministry of Health (MOH) with false vaccination records.
However, her charge has been changed to one count of criminal conspiracy to provide MOH with false information.
This is targeted at the accusation of her being part of a criminal conspiracy from July 2021 to January 2022 along with Quah.
Now, instead of a maximum jail term of three years, a fine or both, Koh faces up to twenty years’ imprisonment, a fine or both.
Why Bird Paradise Suddenly Became Singapore’s Yishun:
According to CNA, Koh is currently warded at Singapore General Hospital (SGH) and was warded at the Institute for Mental Health (IMH) recently before that.
Although the reasons behind her hospitalisation were not disclosed, her lawyer, Clarence Lun from Fervent Chambers, said that it was “unlikely to be COVID-19”.
I mean, it’d be pretty ironic if it was… Intelligent vaccinations indeed.
It was also mentioned that she will be remanded again upon her discharge.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Similar to Koh, Jipson Quah also had his charges amended earlier this week, and he also faces a maximum of 20 years instead of three years in jail.
Just like how Quah is currently ineligible for bail, Koh is too.
However, Lun stated that her team is preparing to appeal for her to be released on bail in order to spend the Chinese New Year holiday with her family. He also said that “it is Koh’s husband’s “sincere hope” to spend Chinese New Year with her”.
Er, ok lah, although I’m pretty sure they won’t be able to eat out lah, but whatever floats their boat…
In addition to that, the other man involved in this, Thomas Chua Cheng Soon, is also set to face more serious charges.
Koh’s next hearing is scheduled for 4 February.
- NTUC FairPrice Sells Pomfret at Half the Price Compared to Wet Market
- Taxi Fares Expected to Increase by March 2022
- OCS Shorts, Which Are Red, Marketed as ‘CNY Items’ in Shopee
- Naomi Neo Said She Has Done Adoption Video to Shed Light on the Topic
- Japanese Cemetery Park Urges People Not to Hunt for Pokemon at the Premises
Featured Image: Facebook (Iris Koh)
- Confirmed: Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam Running for President
- S’pore Food Blogger Alleges Fake Mao Shan Wang Durians Being Sold at Markets; Offers Tips on How to Spot Fakes
- Grab Driver Caught Picking Up Passengers Like a Taxi & Claimed She Was “Helping” Them
- There Might be Water Coolers in Orchard Road Soon But It Might Not Be Free
- M’sian Girl Who Went Missing in Myanmar Suddenly Posted Video Saying She’s “Very Safe”