Passers-by Held Down Man Who Was Slashing the Head of Another Man at Jalan Bukit Merah


On Wednesday (29 June), another man in his fifties was arrested by the police after he allegedly slashed the head of another man with a chopper near a coffee shop.

According to the police, they were alerted to the violent assault at Block 111 Jalan Bukit Merah at around 11:15am.

What Happened?

Information from the police revealed that the 50-year-old assailant had purportedly slashed a 75-year-old man’s head with a knife.

The two men are believed to be acquainted with each other.

From the video evidence that has gone viral on Tiagong Singapore Facebook page, bystanders managed to capture the tail-end of the conflict.

It’s apparent that the video starts after the alleged slashing has happened, as many of the coffee shop goers have vacated their seats, either to get away from or deter the violence.

Similar to the Beach Road slashing incident, the uncles’ weapon of choice to stop the slasher is the most convenient and closest item to them, namely their red plastic chairs.

Seriously, those chairs may look faded and old, but they are very sturdy.

Also light enough to be good projectiles, apparently, because at least two chairs were hurtling about.

Image: (

The uncles at the coffee shop—roughly eight or nine of them—quickly band together to subdue the 50-year-old man in a show of solidarity.

When the videographer eventually walks over to the pavement, the assailant is under the combined weight of a chair and at least three men, with the occasional uncle pressing his foot down on the side to help.

Image: (tiagong)

All the while, at the periphery of the video, the 75-year-old man in a white shirt is seen being helped into a chair by two passers-by.

Whenever he brushes across his head, there’s more blood on his hand.

A short while later, he’s brought back into the coffee shop, where someone hands him a red plastic bag that is presumably filled with ice, which he holds to his bleeding head.

Image: (tiagong)

The video then cuts to the arrival of four policemen in tactical gear at the scene.


Some of the uncles move out of the way so that the assailant can be handcuffed and brought away.

He was arrested for voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous means.

Image: (tiagong)
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at or download the Goody Feed app here:

The Victim’s Retelling

The 75-year-old victim was taken to the hospital while conscious.

According to Shin Min News Daily, the victim was discharged from the hospital that afternoon after receiving seven stitches, and he returned to the scene of the crime.

Apparently, he had been watching people play chess at the coffee shop when the alleged assailant charged towards him with a chopper.


Talk about ruining a perfectly good morning.

This old man must have an indomitable personality, since he was able to return the place where he was injured just mere hours ago. 

Mad respect.

Read Also:

Featured Images: Instagram ( & Facebook (Tiagong)