On Thursday night (23 June), a 58-year-old man purportedly attacked two people with a knife at Block 510A Yishun Street 51.
The Singapore Police Force (SPF) confirmed in a public statement that they were alerted to a case of assault on Thursday.
The two victims involved were a man and a woman, aged 62 and 42 respectively.
The police stated the attack allegedly arose due to a prior dispute between the two men who knew each other.
The suspect has been arrested for voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous means, and suspected drug-related offences.
The victims were conscious when they were conveyed to the Hospital.
On Friday, the Singapore Civil Defence Force said that they took two people to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital after receiving a call for assistance around 8:50pm on Thursday evening.
No further details were given about the state the victims were in.
In widely circulated video online, reposted by @singapore_incidents, four police vehicles were parked along the road near a block of flats.
The video’s description wrote that there had been a slashing incident nearby.
Before clicking on the link on the Instagram video, you are hereby formally warned about the noise level of the sirens, especially for headphone users.
Investigations are ongoing.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Although the Minister of Home Affairs, Mr Desmond Tan, has asserted that there’s an average of 150 knife-related cases per year, it does seem like these violent incidents are popping up at a higher frequency these past few months.
In late March, an unknown assailant had allegedly struck a stranger on the back of his head multiple times with a sharp object, for reasons unknown, before fleeing Keng Cheow Street and leaving his victim bleeding.
In mid-April, there was the horrific assault on Beach Road, where the husband allegedly hacked at his wife with a chopper.
Just recently, there was a brawl between two men in a coffee sop at Yishun because of a beer lady.
It does make a person wonder: have previous incidents gone unreported by the media in past years, or it just happens that people’s emotions and impulses are now bursting forth after being greatly restricted by the pandemic?
Nevertheless, please stay safe, readers.
Violence is never the solution to any problem.
- Another Coffeeshop Sold at S$40 Million, This Time in Yishun & it Used to Cost $6 Million in 2007
- Man Who Went Viral for Busking Outside The Cathay Might Be Holding a Concert in August
- Woman Killed in AMK Accident Was Hit by Several Vehicles & Was Dragged a Distance
- Everything About the New COVID-19 Cases Spike & Whether You Should be Worried
Featured Image: Instagram (@singapore_incidents)
- Here’s What the “What Cake R U” Viral Quiz is All About
- Google’s AI Might Also Be Trained by Reddit Content
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down As PSP Chief to “Take Responsibility” for Recent POFMA He Received
- NEA Responds to Sign Cautioning Others About “Ghosts” in a Cemetery
- Zika Could Possibly be Spreading in Boon Lay Place; Residents Urged to Protect Themselves
- Everything About the Sky Lantern Saga in Sentosa & Why It Happened
- WhatsApp Has Added 4 New Text Formatting. Here Are The Codes to Use