To the commuters travelling to and from Johor Bahru, it is best that you buckle up because your waiting time on the road is about to lengthen.
The Arrival Car Zone D at the Sultan Iskandar Building’s Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) checkpoint in Johor Bahru will be closed for renovation from Wednesday (26 Oct) onwards.
This announcement was made by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) in a Facebook post on Wednesday.
Thankfully, the other zones, A, B and C, will remain operational while the renovation is ongoing.
There were no details on when the renovations would be completed.
In an attempt to redirect and alleviate the anticipated congestion at Sultan Iskandar CIQ building, both the ICA and Bangunan Sultan Iskandar (BSI) Immigration Office have reminded travellers that they can also cross the border at Kompleks Sultan Abu Bakar via the Second Link.
The Malaysian police have deployed more manpower to the CIQ building at Causeway as well, after receiving reports on the congestion at the passport clearance counter during the long weekend.
Surveillance has also been tightened, and the Johor immigration officers will be assisted by the auxiliary police and Rela volunteer corps to control the crowd and minimise any incidents of pushing and shouting.
Hopefully, this will ease the crowds at the customs a little.
- Everything About the New Proposed Rules for Crypto Buyers Like You & Me
- Jayley Woo Gave More Details About Her New Relationship; Said Julie Tan Introduced her Fiancé to Her
- Man Called the Police When The Bus Didn’t Stop But Ended Up Being Arrested Instead
- In S’pore, 10% of Our COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Have Expired
- Woman Somehow Unknowingly Paid for Another Person’s Starhub Bills for Over 4 Months
Featured Image: Google Maps
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake