The next time you go to your void deck, you might think you’re in a Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) train carriage.
But no, the ground isn’t moving beneath your feet.
Instead, these pieces are actually MRT seats from actual carriages that have been retired.
Since the trains no longer run, the Marine Parade Town Council decided to utilise them as seats at the void deck for residents to rest while reminiscing the past in a refreshing way.
That way, you might finally be able to sit on a Reserved Seat without the fear of getting exposed and yelled at online.
Yesterday, Seah Kian Peng, the Member of Parliament (MP) responsible for the Braddell Heights division of Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency (GRC), posted on his Facebook page about the newest addition to the void deck of the Housing Development Board (HDB) void decks in the area.
In his post, Mr Seah credited the Marine Parade Town Council for giving these seats “a new lease of life” and turning them into rest stops for residents in the area.
“This upcycling effort is part of the Action for Green Towns (AGT) initiative where we partnered with LTA to repurpose old MRT train parts as our communal facilities to reduce wastage,” he noted.
According to his post, these seats are currently installed at the void deck of Block 319 Serangoon Avenue 2.
Retirement of MRT Carriages and Further Upcycling of Seats
Recently, it was announced that the oldest 106 MRT trains used along the North-South and East-West lines would gradually be retired over time.
As of March this year, 16 of these trains no longer carry passengers.
Apart from the Marine Parade Town Council, the town councils of other areas, such as Yishun and Woodlands, have also begun installing the seats of these MRT carriages at the void decks of HDB blocks, allowing these seats to serve the community in a different way.
- Don’t Say Bojio: Warehouse Sale of Up to 80% Off for Brands like Puma, Adidas & More
- Ryan Tan Hasn’t Scolded Any of His Staff Members in His New Company
- Chope Lays Off 24% of Their Workforce, Including 38 Workers from S’pore
- HDB Has Seized 21 HDB Flats from Owners Who Did Not Live in Them for 5 Years
- New Details Show That Boon Lay Cat Killer Had Done Something Else After Throwing Partner Down
Featured Image: Facebook (Seah Kian Peng)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Here’s What Happened in Cordlife Group, Whereby Stored Cord Blood Units in S’pore Are Damaged
- Popular Owner of Guan Kee Char Kway Teow is Retiring Due to a Health Scare
- ComfortdelGro’s New Lexus Taxis Do Not Have Taxi Signs Atop Its Roof
- Actress Julie Tan Doesn’t Hesitate & Shaves Head For a Local Movie
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner & Former US Secretary of State, Dr Henry Kissinger, Dies at 100 Years Old
- Another Coffee Chain Closing Down in Singapore: Spinelli Reportedly Closing All Outlets By This Year
- 37YO M’sian Singer-Actress Queenzy Cheng Dies After Having Breakfast Before Filming
- 8 Facts About Long Island, a Potential Reclaimed Land at East Coast