Just last week, my colleague was going crazy over the Nasi Lemak dress which will be donned by Miss Universe Malaysia, Samantha Katie James, at the upcoming Miss Universe 2017 in December.
But before this delicious and imaginative creation came to life, there was a durian dress.
I AM NOT KIDDING.
And the durian dress was introduced to the world in a beauty pageant.
What’s up with food-inspired dresses and pageants?
20-year old Thaweepon “Aoom” Phingchamrat was the beauty queen who unveiled the King of Fruit dress at the Miss Grand Thailand pageant, representing Chanthaburi (an eastern province of Thailand).
The dress features the characteristics of a durian sans smell, from its spiky cap to its golden pillow attachments which resembles the pulp.
The true beauty of the dress is seen in its full glory when she released the attachment.
While she ended up being the third runner up at the pageant but last month, her dress stole the spotlight at Miss United Continents pageant.
Held at Guayaquil, Ecuador, she took home the “Best National Costume” title.
The organisers told the news media that the costume presents the “durian in every dimension including its sharp external thorns along with the aromatic and sweet durian pulp inside and sprinkled over with dazzling gold yellow durian flowers.”
I guess food couture is a legit thing, and I am loving it.
For those who want to witness the dress in motion, here is a video:
Maybe Miss Universe Singapore can wear a Chilli Crab gown with embellishments representing the various side dishes.
Or a Chicken Rice dress.
Come on, be more creative, Singapore!
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Australian Restaurant Promotes Nasi Lemak But Something is Really Wrong
- Mom Uses Everyday Food to Dress Her Daughter & It;s Cuteness Overload X 99
- 10 Special Items from McDonald’s All Over The World That Makes Nasi Lemak Just Meh
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image: Matichon
You won't want to miss these most-read articles:
- Clarke Quay Hotpot Restaurant Sells Rabbit Meat & As Expected, Netizens Started to Do Something About It
- Kurt Tay’s 31YO Prankster’s Way to Convince Kurt to Drop Police Case is As Childish as His Prank
- Japanese Sugar Baby ‘Luxury Mistress’ Matchmaking Service Comes to S'pore Without Much Resistance...Yet
- S’porean Shopper In JB Shocked to Know That The Money She Drew from ATM Were Fake
- 2 Men Arrested After Fighting Over A&W Seats At Jewel Changi Airport
- Media Makes Fun Of Gold Medalist Joseph Schooling For Putting On Weight At SEA Games