While neighbours these days don’t exactly talk to each other much, there’s an implicit understanding to abide by the following unspoken rules:
- Don’t make too much noise
- Don’t hang meat outside your house
- Don’t make too much noise
But, as you know, there have been a few horribly inconsiderate neighbours out there, some of whom seem to enjoy making other residents’ life a living hell.
We’ve all heard about the neighbour from hell who placed a bloody pig’s ear on one resident’s shoe rack, but today’s story involves a neighbour who has done something much, much worse.
Woman Called the Police Nearly 100 Times in 20 Years Due to Sounds from Upstairs Neighbour
A 52-year-old woman living in Choa Chu Kang has reportedly called the police nearly 100 times in the last two decades due to the noises made by her neighbours on the level above.
In an interview with Shin Min Daily News, Ms Chen said her neighbour often leaves the water running in the early hours of the morning, sometimes for over an hour.
Ms Chen said it’s been affecting her and her husband for the last 20 years. “My husband works as a warehouse assistant, and he has to go out at about 5am every day. If he doesn’t sleep well at night, it will affect his work,” she said.
The woman said she has made a police report nearly 100 times and lodged complaints with the authorities as well, but the situation hasn’t improved.
The situation will improve for some time after each complaint, she said, before returning to how it was before.
Ms Chen made the reports in the hope that her neighbour would stop taking such early showers, but to no avail. Her neighbour declined to respond to the allegations.
The authorities reportedly advised her to switch bedrooms and close the toilet door, but this has not helped either. What’s more, Ms Chen claimed her neighbour makes other noises as well, such as dragging chairs across the floor and slamming doors.
For such sounds, it could’ve been caused by something known as “water hammer”; watch this video to the end to understand more:
When Shin Min interviewed other neighbours around the unit, they said they didn’t hear the noises often, or that it didn’t bother them.
Punggol Resident Threatens to Send Neighbour’s Hair to Authorities Coz’ They Kept Throwing It Out of Their Window
Another resident in Punggol had recently complained about their neighbour above them, only this time, it was because of hair.
The aggrieved residents put up a notice accusing their neighbour above of throwing their hair out the window. This was a problem because some strands apparently “flew” into their units.
“We have your hair and DNA now. We will hand them over to the police and NEA if you don’t stop,” the complainant wrote. It’s unclear if the dispute has been resolved.
Be nice to your neighbours, guys and girls. If we’re going to live with someone for years or even decades, it’d be a good idea to at least get along with them.
- Arrest Warrant Issued to Teen Who Did Backflip in Rhino Enclosure As He Couldn’t Wake Up for Court Hearings
- You Can Grab Any Electronic Items in This Room for $55 With an IKEA Bag (The Heist at Ang Mo Kio)
- Prestige Luxury Collection Now Livestreaming from Paris Inside Real Branded Boutique Shops
- 10 Best-est 11.11 Sales in S’pore You Should Know About Now
Featured Image: Tang Yan Song / Shutterstock.com (Image is for illustration purpose only)
- Now That The Budget 2024 Statement is Out, Here’s What to Expect in the Next Few Weeks
- S’pore Address Rumours That We Pay Millions So Taylor Swift Won’t Perform in Other Southeast Asia Countries for Her Tour
- Chinese Actress Came Back from Vacation to Her House Burglarised With All Valuables Gone
- Everything About the Changes in CPF That Were Mentioned During Budget 2024
- Aide Dismisses Claims That M’sia Ex-PM Mahathir is in Critical Condition
- You Can’t Take Chickens from The Road to Cook It; NParks Now Investigating Man Who Caught Wild Chicken at Pasir Ris
- ECDA Completed Assessment of Kinderland Saga; Licence Tenures Limit in 2 Centres to Continue