Unless you’ve been completely cut off from the internet and the world, you probably saw some April Fools’ jokes from various Singapore organisations last Friday.
But one company’s legitimate announcement of their new product got caught in the middle of the midst of all the April Fools’ jokes, and that company is none other than everyone’s favourite cup noodle brand: Nissin.
On 1 April, Nissin posted a teaser of their new product on Facebook.
Although the new Fish Head Curry flavour left many netizens drooling over their screens, most of the commenters pointed out that it was an April Fools’ joke. Given that other corporations were also coming up with “fake” products as a PR stunt, they dismissed Nissin’s post, thinking that the fish head curry flavoured cup noodles was just an April Fools’ prank as well.
I guess you could say that Nissin got pranked by the internet instead?
However, other commenters also left comments, saying that they hoped that it would be real as “this legit looks good”.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
New Product is Real
Well, thankfully for all fish head curry fans, the product is real.
Nissin confirmed this through a press release announcement as well as a Facebook video yesterday (4 April), leaving many eager foodies thrilled.
Available at all major supermarkets and convenience stores in Singapore for around $1.50 each, the fish head curry flavoured cup noodles will be sold from 4 April 2022 onwards, while stocks last.
With a “new full-bodied soup base that tantalises your tastebuds with mildly spicy stewed fish umami and hints of creamy coconut milk and lemongrass fragrance”, you’ll definitely be left slurping your soup until the last sip is gone.
Additionally, the cup noodles also come with a wide variety of ingredients. Expect to see cabbage, taupok, fishball and spring onions in your noodles, which will satisfy your cravings for the iconic Singaporean dish for sure.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Mr Sakai Tatsuya, Managing Director of Nissin Foods Singapore, announced, “Nissin endeavours to delight consumers’ tastebuds by interpreting cuisines from around the world and presenting it in the form of a cup-type noodle. This year, Nissin sought inspiration from Singapore’s rich culinary heritage to recreate the Fish Head Curry flavour, and made it the first local‑inspired flavour to launch here for a limited time period.
“Whether a curry lover or Nissin fan, the new Fish Head Curry flavour will certainly whet their appetites and expand their horizon of flavours that Nissin has to offer. We hope to bring moments of discovery whenever they quell their hunger pangs with every Nissin Cup Noodles!”
- Man Bitten by an Otter 2m Away While Taking Video of a Group of Otters at Kallang
- 55 Vehicles Have to Turn Back for Not Having 3/4 Fuel at SG-JB Checkpoints
- A Person in the US is Selling Life-Size Wax Statues of Lee Kuan Yew for Over SGD$21K a Piece
- Ong Ye Kung: S’pore is Always on Lookout for New COVID-19 Variants of Concern
- HK Actor Claims PCR Swab Test Led to Severe Nosebleed for 2 Hours
Featured Image: Nissin
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee