Visiting many households this Chinese New Year?
Bring an umbrella, because it will be a rainy Chinese New Year.
The Rain is Back
According to the weatherman, the next two weeks of January 2023 are expected to be wetter than the first fortnight of the year.
And here’s the thing: over the Chinese New Year period, a high-pressure system over the northern Asian continent is likely to strengthen and bring wetter and cooler conditions to the region.
Basically, when you’re visiting your relatives, it’s going to rain the moment you alight from the bus or exit from your car lah.
This heavy rain will likely last for a few days and may bring cooler conditions with spells of showers over Singapore, so winter Singapore is expected.
But if you’re going for your visits in the later part of the month, you can time your visits to avoid the rain: the rainy weather is likely to ease in the last week of the month with localised short-duration thundery showers to be expected in the afternoon (kind of like the weather in the past two weeks).
Overall, in the second half of January 2023, the daily temperature is forecast to range between 24 degrees Celsius and 32 degrees Celsius on most days, and may reach a high of 33 degrees Celsius on a few days. The rainy weather during the monsoon surge period is likely to result in lower daily temperatures of between 22 degrees Celsius and 30 degrees Celsius on a few days.
Very Different in the First Half of January 2023
If you’d have realised, it wasn’t rainy in the last two weeks, but it wasn’t hot, too.
That’s because the Northeast Monsoon conditions prevailed over Singapore and the surrounding region in the first half of January 2023, so there were just short rains in the afternoon.
Also, it was relatively cool as there were only two days when the daily maximum temperature was higher than 34 degrees Celsius.
Simply put, the good weather is now gone, so prepare your umbrellas.
- Every Good Thing That Has Happened Since Teen Called Charles & Keith Bag Luxury
- For CNY 2023, You’ll Lose Your Pants if These 4 Chinese Zodiacs Are The Dealer in Blackjack
- Chicken Rice Stall Allegedly Refused CDC Vouchers As Machine Wasn’t Working
- 3 Teenagers, 1 of them Only 13, Stole a Car-Sharing Service’s Car & Got into an Accident in Yishun
- Even DPM Lawrence Wong Spoke About the Charles & Keith Luxury Bag Saga
Featured Image: MACH Photos / Shutterstock.com
Here’s why a 4-day workweek might finally really be possible in Singapore soon:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant