Shake Shack is well-known for its juicy burger, fries, and of course delightful milkshakes.
If you love Shake Shack, you are going to love this more.
Shake Shack Partnering With Michelin-Starred Candlenut to Serve a Special Burger for Just 1 Day
Shake Shack is partnering with Candlenut, the first and only Michelin-starred Peranakan restaurant in the world.
Helmed by chef Malcolm Lee, Candlenut creates unique Peranakan dishes using seasonal ingredients available.
Of course, you will expect a touch of Peranakan flavours inside this collaboration. If you did, bingo.
They will be serving the Buah Keluak Burger and Curry Fries this Saturday 5 November 2022 from 11am until sold out. This combination is only available in-store at the Neil Road outlet.
The Buah Keluak Burger ($12.90) comes with an Angus beef patty covered in
buah keluak topped with their signature Mum’s Chicken Curry sauce, a fried egg, and more. Everything is topped by a potato bun toasted with garlic butter.
In case you are unsure, buah keluak is a seed of the kepayang tree and has a rich history. It is mostly used to make chicken dishes—including the Peranakan speciality, asam pedas keluak.
The curry fries (S$5.20) is seasoned with a secret blend of curry powder and salt. It was created in tribute of one of Candlenut’s signature dishes—Mum’s Chicken Curry.
The Inspiration Behind This Collaboration
While most of us are either fooling around with our colleagues, eating, or sleeping, Candlenut created this burger out of a staff meal.
Shake Shack’s culinary director, Mark Rosati, said that they are “humbled by Shake Shack’s reception in Singapore and couldn’t be more excited to finally work with Malcolm for their first-ever chef collaboration.”
Whereas Malcolm Lee said, “I first tried Shake Shack in New York City 12 years ago where I thoroughly enjoyed a ShackBurger.
“Fast forward to today, it is just an incredible feeling to be able to collaborate with Shake Shack in Singapore. It’s surreal and I’m very much looking forward to it,” he added.
It seems like they are big fans of each other’s creations and this collaboration must have been so exciting.
Address: 89 Neil Road, #01-01, Singapore 088849
- Bubble Tea Does Affect Your Hair. Here’s How to Have Good Hair Without Quitting Bubble Tea With Beijing 101
- Son Made Police Report After Elderly Mum Paid $4,760 for Hair Treatment Package in Bedok Salon
- Food Deliveryman Slapped Hotel Staff After She Moved a Customer’s Order Away
- Joanne Peh Went into War of Words With Netizens Over Price of Coconut Water
- McDonald’s Quietly Releases Breakfast Bagel With Mushroom & Chicken Ham from 3 Nov
Featured Image: Shake Shack Singapore
Here’s why a 4-day workweek might finally really be possible in Singapore soon:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant