A Singaporean man was caught with drugs at Perth Airport in Australia and was arrested.
On 16 November, the Singaporean man arrived in Australia from Singapore and declared that he was not carrying any prohibited goods in his declaration card for departure.
An officer approached him for a luggage inspection, and that was when he got exposed.
According to the Australian Border Force (ABF) and Australian Federal Police, 100ml of gamma butyrolactone (GBL) and a range of anabolic steroids were found.
The Singaporean man appeared in court the next day and pled guilty to two counts of importing border-controlled drugs and one count of importing prohibited items.
He was also banned from entering Australia for three years and was fined AU$5,000 (~S$4,600).
The Central Narcotics Bureau is aware that he has been arrested, and investigations are still ongoing.
It is a crime for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents to consume drugs both in Singapore and overseas.
Consumption of a controlled drug is an offence that can lead to imprisonment of up to 10 years, or a fine not exceeding $20,000, or both.
- Review of Ice Magic: The Great Fantasy on Ice, the Biggest Winter Playground in Singapore
- Review of Glamping in the Clouds in Jewel Changi Airport
- Jack Neo’s Daughter, Who Was Looked Down by Her Teacher, Won an Entrepreneur Award
- Cai Png Hawker Owner Slapped Man Who Was Queuing for a Neighbouring Chicken Rice As He Was in Front of Her Stall
- 77YO Died After He Was Hit by a Taxi & Flung Almost 10m at Bishan
Featured Image: Australian Border Force and Australian Federal Police
Fake IMH doctors flooding TikTok videos with comments are related to 4D. Here’s why:
- Grab Might Be Buying Over foodpanda’s Singapore Business
- Some People in Uncle Raymond’s Dating Show Are from a Special Needs School
- Partners in Cai Png Empire Chang Cheng Suing Each Other in Court
- SKH Responds After Patient Claims He Has to Order Painkillers from foodpanda As His Request From the Nurse Took Too Long
- Elderly Who’s Dining Alone Tells Daughter on Phone He’s With Friends, Then Cries Alone in Restaurant