With Christmas and New Years’ Eve coming up, I’m sure many of you have made plans with your loved ones to usher in the new year.
And it seems like the management of two shopping malls in Singapore has done the same.
Recently, Starhill Global REIT announced that the steps in front of Wisma Atria, one of the shopping malls under their management, will be closed from 6 pm on Christmas Eve this Saturday (24 December) until early morning on Christmas day (Sunday).
And for those who’ve been to Wisma Atria before, you’ll know that the steps in front of the mall are an iconic place for people to snap photos, especially with the Christmas lighting and decorations sprinkled all around in recent weeks.
When speaking to Lianhe Zaobao, the spokesperson for Starhill Global REIT, explained that the steps will be temporarily “closed” during that period of time for “safety reasons”.
According to the spokesperson, the closure is to prevent large crowds from gathering at the steps.
However, patrons of the mall will still be able to enter and exit the mall via the four entrances facing Orchard Road.
In addition, the steps will also be closed on New Years’ Eve (31 December) from 6 pm to early morning of 1 January.
The spokesperson also revealed that the mall’s management is working with the police to devise a plan to control the human crowd that is expected to appear on days such as Christmas Eve and New Years’ Eve.
This will ensure that all patrons can experience a fun and safe festive season.
Other malls managed by Starhill Global REIT include Ngee Ann City and other malls in Malaysia, China, Japan and Australia.
In Singapore, security at both Wisma Atria and Ngee Ann City will be tightened on Christmas Eve and New Years’ Eve; more security officers will be deployed on these two days.
As for crowd control, the spokesperson pointed out that Wisma Atria and Orchard MRT station, as well as Ngee Ann City and ION Orchard, are closely linked to each other via underpass.
Hence, Starhill Global REIT has also been working with the relevant parties to work on an emergency response plan for the festive period.
- Here’s How Much Calories Each Christmas Food Has for a Good Killjoy
- Redditor Found Out That Prices of McDonald’s in S’pore Are Actually Different Across Different Outlets
- Elon Musk Said He Would Step Down as Twitter CEO After Finding a Replacement
- Ikea has Cute IG-Worthy Rabbit Buns & Bak Kwa for CNY
- Funeral Parlour Allegedly Disrespected Bodies By Putting Them on the Ground
Featured Image: Facebook (Wisma Atria)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- It Turns Out That Google’s Impressive Gemini AI Video Demo is “Fake”
- 69YO Man Dies After His PMA Collided With a Motorcycle in Jurong West
- Man Who’s Caught Force-Opening MRT Doors Charged; Had Also Kicked Someone Before
- Serangoon Coffeeshop Reportedly Going to be Sold for a Whopping $40.5 Million
- Tabby Cat Went Viral After “Finishing First” in China Half Marathon
- Sa Sa is Back in Singapore, With Its First Store in Jurong Point & More to Come
- New Facebook Scam Alert: Cheap “Suitcases from SIA” Are Fake