So we all know that Mother Nature unleashed her force yesterday, with an unexpected storm but there has also been news buzzing around about frozen rain aka hail.
The last time we experienced hail was in 2013, where pellets of frozen rain fell upon us and we were blessed with this iconic footage that will never get old:
For those who are wondering how does hail occur
According to NEA: “Hail forms in strong thunderstorm clouds, particularly those with intense updrafts, high liquid water content, great vertical extent, large water droplets and where a good portion of the cloud layer is below freezing 0 °C.”
Basically, if the wind is strong enough to carry the water droplets above the freezing level, the water freezes and ta-dah—you get frozen rain!
If you have missed this rare phenomenon, there is a slew of videos posted by netizens.
Thankfully, FB user Mygolf Sg uploaded a video of hailstones dropping at Seletar Golf Club.
Hailstones at Seletar Golf Club
Posted by Mygolf Sg on Tuesday, 30 January 2018
Looked like Abomasnow used hail and it was super effective!
FB user, Michael Wong shared a video and the caption read: Singapore: “My friend send this video. The rain got hail stones along SLE.”
Singapore: My friend send this video. The rain got hail stones along SLE.
Posted by Michael Wong on Tuesday, 30 January 2018
Students in NYP also witnessed it!
Wah!!!!! It's hail…. First time in Singapore I saw hail
Posted by Wang Shen Han on Tuesday, 30 January 2018
Here is a video of a driver praying that the hailstones won’t break his windshield.
WATCH: "Don't break my glass", says a driver, as hailstones clattered on his windscreen during this evening's storm. (Video: Sara Thompson)
Posted by Channel NewsAsia on Tuesday, 30 January 2018
Hail might not be something new in Singapore, but I can’t help but wonder if it is related to Global Warming, since we experienced “winter” just a few weeks back.
But amidst all this, I really want this woman to make a comeback:
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about a guy who lodged a Police report here in Singapore because he was friendzoned? Seriously. Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Yesterday’s Rain Caused Fallen Trees & a Blackout in Yishun. Here’s What You Should Know
- Goodbye, Winter: S’pore Set for Dry & Hot Weather For the Next Two Weeks
- Flu Season in S’pore didn’t End as Projected ‘Coz #WinterSingapore
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more
Featured image: Suzanne Tucker / shutterstock.com
- Here’s What the “What Cake R U” Viral Quiz is All About
- Google’s AI Might Also Be Trained by Reddit Content
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down As PSP Chief to “Take Responsibility” for Recent POFMA He Received
- NEA Responds to Sign Cautioning Others About “Ghosts” in a Cemetery
- Zika Could Possibly be Spreading in Boon Lay Place; Residents Urged to Protect Themselves
- Everything About the Sky Lantern Saga in Sentosa & Why It Happened
- WhatsApp Has Added 4 New Text Formatting. Here Are The Codes to Use