Singapore is definitely on a hot streak (no pun intended) with all the fire incidents—just last month, there were 4 cases, a fire broke out in Toa Payoh, Serangoon North, Tampines and Jurong East Avenue 1.
And yesterday, a fire broke out in the heart of Singapore—Orchard.
According to Channel NewsAsia, plumes of smoke spread through Orchard Towers (the seedy/tasty part of Orchard)accompanied by an “acrid smell” yesterday.
About 60 people evacuated the premise before the SCDF arrived and Channel NewsAsia mentioned that the crowd seemed to look calm and they “held on to their drinks as they evacuated from the building”
Well. Don’t waste the drinks, eh?
SCDF was alerted to the incident at 8 P.M.; they extinguished the fire using a waterjet and a compressed-air foam backpack while wearing breathing apparatus set.
Luckily no one was injured.
As of writing time, investigations are still ongoing but the SCDF mentioned that the fire involved the contents of a bar top.
Orchard Towers, located at Orchard Road (ar bo then) is an 18-storey office building with bars and clubs. It also houses the Embassy of Romania (8th floor), Honorary Consulate of Mauritius (9th floor) and the Embassy of Cambodia (10th floor).
Always quarrel with your bae? Then you need to watch this video and learn this trick on how to resolve arguments without any compromise or apology (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel):
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Everything About the Korean Plane That Crashed at Changi Airport in 60 Sec
- Guy Requested Luxury Car to Attend Graduation; Got Burned For Obvious Reasons
- SG YouTuber ‘Gives’ 4D Number in a Video; 3 Days Later, It Really Came Out
Do you love writing? Do you want a platform to showcase your works? Goody Feed is looking for part-time writers to join the team! Click here to find out more!
Featured image:Ruth Smalley / Channel NewsAsia
Latest posts by Goody Feed Team (see all)
- M&M’s Now Comes In Neopolitan flavour - March 5, 2018
- Grey’s Anatomy is now Available on Netflix Singapore - March 5, 2018
- Don’t Say Bojio: 1-For-1 Starbucks Drinks from 5 to 9 March - March 5, 2018