For those of you whose preferred method of travel via ferry, you’re in luck.
A new ferry service to Johor Bahru by BatamFast has been approved, and is expected to begin operations soon.
Approved by MPA After Many Assessments
The Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) announced on 21 June that the proposed ferry service has been approved for operations. It will run a direct route between Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal in Singapore, and Desaru Coast Ferry Terminal in Johor, Malaysia.
The initial application for the ferry service was submitted to MPA by ferry operator BatamFast on 23 March.
To ensure that it’ll be safe for all travellers, MPA asked BatamFast to do a navigational safety assessment. This includes declarations from the certifying authorities that the ferries are fit for voyage.
In addition to the assessment, the operators also had to provide an emergency response plan that covers the entire route.
Upon reviewing the submitted details, MPA assessed that the operators had met the safety requirements for the service, and informed them that their application was approved. The Johor Port Authority and the Malaysian Marine Department have also been informed.
Reader Bao: Wow, this makes me super excited to take the ferry trip now. When will the service begin operating?
Hold your horses, Reader Bao. When the new service begins depends on how fast BatamFast can prepare to start operations. Keep in mind that they also need to obtain the necessary approval from Malaysia’s authorities too.
But since speed is literally in their name… It’ll be expected to begin operating soon.
Ferries to Batam
In the meantime, BatamFast also has ferry services that will take you to, obviously, Batam.
BatamFast’s website shows that there’ll be one ferry departing from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal and stopping at Nongsapura Ferry Terminal daily, from 18 February.
Other details like timing and cost are not yet available on the website.
BatamFast, in an interview with Shin Min Daily News, said that they received approval from the relevant authorities in February, and that they can run up to 14 trips a week.
- Here’s Why You See ‘500 Internal Server Error’ on Your Fav Websites This Afternoon (21 June)
- All Civil Servants in S’pore Getting 0.35-Month Mid-Year Bonus, Higher Than Last Year’s Bonus
- 62YO Claims Ex-GF Refused to Give Him Back His $50K But The Woman Claimed They Were Never Together
- Rental of Pasar Malams Stalls Has Reportedly Increased by About 25% As There Has Been More Demand
Featured Image: Instagram (Desaru Coast Malaysia)
Your parents are wrong: MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) is good for you (sort of). Here’s the truth:
- Study Shows S’pore Residents Are Eating More Calories, From 2,360Kcal to 2,410Kcal
- Everything About the Additional S$1.1 Billion Support Package & What You’d Receive
- Bukit Panjang Has Just Joined the Million-Dollar HDB Resale Club
- 4 Foreigners Charged for Working as Food Delivery Riders Illegally
- Everything About the Harvest Moon in Singapore on 29 Sept, The Last Supermoon in 2023