Car COEs are damn high.
Obviously, some people aren’t happy.
The special few, however, have their ways of expressing their rage.
Want to slash the COE prices? Try slashing the cars themselves.
Man Slashes Cars
On 14 March this year, 38-year-old Fadhil Yusop used a sword to slash moving cars near the Buangkok Square mall.
Also, he cut Mr Kumarapeli Arachchige Amila Chinthana three times with the same sword. The victim suffered lacerations on his left arm and shoulder and had to receive treatment.
How did this happen in the first place?
After taking a Buzzfeed quiz on what McDonald’s burger he was, the perpetrator was a Samurai burger, so he decided to manifest it.
Okay, in all seriousness, he took some weird drugs. Then, after psycho-ing up his brain, he headed out with his 63-cm-long samurai sword.
At the lift lobby of his HDB block, he initially argued with some strangers but soon left.
Then, he jaywalked across Buangkok Crescent, stood in the middle of the road, and became a life-action Lego Ninjago character.
Using his weapon to hit four passing cars, he caused more than $2,400 in property damage.
Here, the angel in disguise came in.
Suppressing the Man
Mr Chinthana, who at the time was heading home from grocery shopping, was waiting at the traffic light. Seeing the clown in the middle of the street, he whipped out his phone to record the man’s actions.
Fadhil noticed the man and approached him. Unfortunately, it soon turned into a brawl, with the druggie slashing Mr Chinthana.
Causing a commotion, members of the public soon noticed and came to Mr Chinthana’s aid in holding the berserker down.
Katana out of his hand, the violent man had no more leverage and was soon pinned down as the police made their way.
Many officers arrived at the scene soon enough. Afterwards, they raided his home and found two packets of yellow pills.
Noting that Fadhil was holding the sword in public for a long time, Deputy Public Prosecutor Daniel Ling sought 18 to 24 months’ jail and six strokes of the cane.
Unfortunately, in Singapore, nobody escapes the law.
Thus, on Tuesday (27 December), Fadhil Yusop was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment and six strokes of the cane.
Hopefully, he never dares to unsheath his sword ever again.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
Sorry For The Inconvenience Caused
Defence lawyer Anand Nalachandran from Forte Law, representing the slasher, said his client intents to pay for the damages caused upon his release from prison.
“He accepts that he made a mistake in consuming substances, and the reaction they had on him was not what he expected.”
Moral of the story? Say “No” to drugs.
- Cashier & Rider Argued Over Job Titles in Petrol Station With Rider Saying He Earns $8,000+ (a Month)
- Everything About ChatGPT & Why Google is Now Worried
- 10YO Found a Foetus Under a Concrete Slab at Pasir Ris Park Beach
- Shopee Responds to Viral Footage of Deliverymen Throwing Parcels
- Long Wait for Hawker Food Leads to a Police Report & Maybe a Lawsuit
Featured Image: Singapore Incidents / Youtube
- Dee Kosh Lost 20Kg While in Jail & is Now Health-Conscious
- Here’s Why US Lawmakers Want TikTok to be Banned in the US, Simplified for You
- Loan Sharks Are Also Facing Manpower Crunch & Are Recruiting on Telegram
- Minister Said There Are Early Signs of Rental & Resale Property Slowing Down
- Boy Tripped Over Hole in Sengkang Playground & Might Suffer Permanent Damage