It’s that time of the year again: stuffing yourself with pineapple tarts, meeting relatives you only see once a year, and putting up bright-coloured decorations around the house.
CNY is nearing, and as with every CNY, Chinatown will put up some festive decorations.
Like every year, some haters’ll nitpick at the designs.
Some People Think Chinatown CNY Bunnies Look Like They’re Pooping
This year, Chinatown’s Lunar New Year decorations are rabbit-themed since it’s the year of the rabbit.
Having been under installation work for two weeks, the newly-installed CNY lights will officially be lit today (3 January).
As the lights were being installed, some sharped-eyed netizens observed that the rabbits, when viewed from behind, looked like they were taking a dump.
On the 8world News Facebook, people criticised the decorations for being ugly.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
Nonetheless, netizens recognised that these comments were normal since there were criticisms every year, no matter how good the decorations were.
People came to defend the decorations, and some said they “gave full marks.”
One user from Malaysia also commented how lucky we were in Singapore to have decorations like these.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
A reporter from 8world News also went around Chinatown to interview passers-by.
“I don’t think the rabbits looked very good; they seem like they’re squatting over a toilet bowl,” criticised one interviewee.
Adding on, she said the designers should have considered the design from angles instead of merely front-on.
As a whole, she gave the decorations zero stars.
On the other hand, another interviewee rated it five stars, saying it was beautiful.
Elaborating, she said the thing might look different from different angles, but from her point of view, the decorations looked good.
Year of The Rabbit
This year, the Chinese New Year falls on 22 January and is the Year of the Rabbit.
The rabbit is a symbol of prosperity and peace in Chinese culture. Also, the rabbit is the luckiest of the 12 animals in the zodiac.
It symbolises energy, elegance, and beauty.
Wishing everyone a happy CNY!
- Man Went Home to Sleep After Punching & Stabbing Two Men
- Lift Parking System at Changi Village Malfunctioned & People Had to Wait Over 3 Hours For Their Cars
- Jeremy Renner, Who Played Hawkeye, In “Critical But Stable” Condition After Snow Plowing Accident
- Another Celebrity, Super Junior’s Shin Dong-hee, Announced His Relationship
- Cheers Has Responded to the SPF Viral Incident & Put the TikToker on Administrative Leave
Featured Image: Facebook (8world News)
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee