This afternoon (8 December 2022), the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) alerted the public about a fire at 91 Henderson Road.
They said that upon arrival, the fire was raging inside a unit on the 4th floor. SCDF firefighters conducted forcible entry and penetrated into the smoke-logged unit to fight the fire.
The fire was so large it could be seen blocks away.
During the operation, a firefighter fell unconscious. The firefighter was then conveyed to Singapore General Hospital.
However, the young firefighter has since passed on.
NSF FireFighter Who Fell Unconscious While Fighting Fire Has Died
In a new statement issued at 8:20 pm, the SCDF said that the firefighter had passed on.
Why Bird Paradise Suddenly Became Singapore’s Yishun:
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or follow us on Twitter : https://twitter.com/goodyfeed
They provided more context about the fire, saying that “SCDF firefighters, donning breathing apparatus, entered and pushed through the smoke-logged unit with two water jets to engage the fire.
“Sometime into the firefighting operation, a Full-time National Serviceman (NSF) firefighter fell unconscious in the kitchen area. His crew immediately brought him out of the unit and administered cardio-pulmonary resuscitation on him. An SCDF ambulance crew at the scene also used the automated external defibrillator on him and conveyed him to Singapore General Hospital. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.”
“SCDF and his teammates are very saddened by his death, and extend our deepest condolences to his family. The NSF firefighter was part of the first response crew for this fire incident, and was bravely carrying out his mission of protecting and saving lives and property.
“SCDF is providing assistance and support to the family during this difficult time.”
An NSF is someone who is serving his compulsory two-year national service.
Investigations are still ongoing.
- Popular Yishun Fusion Western Stall Closing Due to ‘Rise in Food Costs’
- Classic Trilogy Infernal Affairs Will be Screened in Highest Quality in VivoCity GV for 3 Days
- Man Forces His Intellectually Disabled Daughter to Perform Sex Acts on Him as ‘Apology’
- A Woman Has to Remove Her Eyeballs As Her 3,000-Degree Myopia Caused a Serious Complication
- Woman Broke Her Ribs from Coughing After Eating an Extra Spicy Meal
Featured Image: Facebook (Singapore Civil Defence Force)
- Confirmed: Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam Running for President
- S’pore Food Blogger Alleges Fake Mao Shan Wang Durians Being Sold at Markets; Offers Tips on How to Spot Fakes
- Grab Driver Caught Picking Up Passengers Like a Taxi & Claimed She Was “Helping” Them
- There Might be Water Coolers in Orchard Road Soon But It Might Not Be Free
- M’sian Girl Who Went Missing in Myanmar Suddenly Posted Video Saying She’s “Very Safe”