Seems like the ’90s revival is not stopping at fashion and music alone—
Get your share of nostalgia by participating in a community Tamiya car race organised by the residents in Punggol during the June holidays.
What are Tamiya Cars
Tamiya cars are essentially car toys and models produced by Tamiya, a Japanese model kid and radio-controlled car manufacturer.
Everyone and anyone who had a flair with building things had their hands on one back in the day as you could customise the cars and race them to win in Tamiya racing tournaments.
Specifically, the ones used by the residents in Punggol Breeze are the Mini 4WD (or four-wheel drive) cars which are battery operated electric motor cars that can only move forward.
Car Racing Event Held on a Weekly Basis
In the Punggol Breeze Residents’ Network (RN) Facebook group, several racing events had already been held in the past weeks.
There are two types of races held by the group: one is the weekly race and the other is what the group terms as the Mega race, which occurs at the badminton court located between Block 618C & 624A.
Join our Telegram channel for more entertaining and informative articles at https://t.me/goodyfeedsg or download the Goody Feed app here: https://goodyfeed.com/app/
The latest weekly race will be held on Sunday, 12 June.
Mega races only occur on every last Sunday of the month.
Prizes that can be won during such races include trophies, certificates, and Tamiya accessories.
Residents will also offer to chip in to contribute more prizes for future competitions.
Great Family Bonding Event for Punggol Residents
According to MustShareNews, families with their young and old take this opportunity to bond over their love for Tamiya cars.
The races are free of charge and encourage Punggol residents to participate in friendly races with their own Tamiya car models.
In addition, the event seems to be a hit especially among young children who are seen taking pictures with their car models and won certificates from their participation in the Mini car races.
Community Effort for Race to Go On
The race tracks set up for the Tamiya car races are done by the residents in Punggol.
When the races end, the community space will also be cleared up by fellow residents in the area much to the gratitude of the organisers.
The cherry on top is that the community will also organise workshops for free for children to attend where they can learn how to improve their Tamiya cars for their next race.
- The Country Turkey Officially Changes Its Name to Türkiye
- IKEA Serving Different Limited-Edition Local Breakfast Including Chai Tow Kway
- Song Ji-ah from Single’s Inferno Back on IG, This Time With a new Image After Being Cancelled
- 5 Facts About NDP 2022, Including Its Theme Song & Its Logo
- Youth Pointed Middle Finger at Man Who Interrupted Her TikTok Dance in Ikea
Feature Image: Facebook(Punggol Breeze RN)
Fresh grads, you don’t need any experience to earn up to $4,200 with this “secret”:
- Woman Got Scammed from a Person She Knew from Coffee Meets Bagel
- Power Outage at JB Checkpoint Caused Long Queues on Wednesday Morning
- Everything About the December BTO Launches That Include 2 PLH Estates
- Around 50 People Found to be Lying in Their Work Pass Applications Every Year
- In 2024, We Might Be Able to See Northern Lights in Countries Like China, Japan and the US As Well
- Confirmed: S’poreans Do Not Need to Submit Digital Arrival Cards When Commuting to Malaysia