Think fast! What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when I say meatballs?
That’s right, IKEA! (For the sake of this article, I really hope you guys got it right.)
And for those of you who frequent Johor, you’re in luck! IKEA has just opened its biggest store in Southeast Asia, which also happens to be its first store in southern Malaysia.
Situated right next to the Aeon Tebrau City shopping mall, this brand new IKEA store is but a 20 minutes drive away from Singapore!
Because I am nice, here are the operating hours for the store:
Sunday to Thursday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Why the Ridout Road Colonial Houses Saga is Actually NOT a Saga:
Fri, Sat and public holidays: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Speaking of operating hours, if there’s one thing Singaporeans and Malaysians can both agree on, that would be the queuing culture we share.
I mean, look at this:
Excited customers had been queuing as early as the night before (Wednesday) the opening day (Thursday, 16 Nov)!
(Wah, power la!)
I’m sure IKEA now love them deep deep sia.
That aside, interested shoppers can now take a shuttle bus service from the Larkin bus terminal (this isn’t the one at the customs FYI) or the KTMB Museum.
And yes, the shuttle bus is free. Excited yet?
That’s more like it.
The reason for opening it in JB? According to IKEA SEA retail director, it is to offer better lifestyle choices for people in Johor and southern Malaysia, and also to “raise the bar in the home furnishings offering in Johor.”
For those of you more atas ones out there, there’s also a ongoing promotion for Grab right now.
Enter the promotion code “IKEATEBRAU17” to enjoy RM8 worth of discount from 16th to 31st Nov! (Valid for two rides in Johor Bahru region)
Well, so what are you waiting for? Head on down to IKEA and check things out!
(P.S. Please do let us know if the items are really cheaper there. We really need new furniture for the office!)
(P.P.S Don’t forget the juicy, succulent meatballs!)
Since you’re here, why not watch a video about an NTU student who went all out to impress his crush, only to end up in…tragedy? Here, watch it and do remember to share it (and also subscribe to Goody Feed YouTube channel)!
This article was first published on goodyfeed.com
- Free $500 IKEA Vouchers? It’s a Scam, Says IKEA
- There’s Now A Direct Bus from S’pore to the New JB Shopping Mall, Aeon Bandar Dato Onn
- Nasi Lemak Burger is so Yesterday: Ms Universe Malaysia Wears a Nasi Lemak Dress
Featured Image: IKEA TEBRAU Facebook
- 5 Out of 7 Cubicles “Out of Order” at Female Toilet in Newly-Opened Napier MRT Station
- Yishun Elderly Sweeps Stagnant Water to Neighbour’s Front Door After Every Corridor Wash
- Grab Driver Asks Woman Not to Take Grab if She Cannot Afford to Pay ERP During Heated Argument
- S’pore Couple Allegedly Banned From Entering M’sia After Asking About Officer’s Passport Chopping
- Hundreds of Termites Found Hiding Below Raised Wood Floor in Innocent-Looking HDB Flat
- Never clean your air fryer again with this simple hack
- You can have freshly brewed bubble tea at 3am for cheap with this instant bubble tea
- Introducing the Future of Fast Food: Self-Heating Fries + Sauce from Shopee